Kaseya Community

Assigning Service Desk Policies

This question is answered

Does anyone know how to automatically assign Service Desk policies by organization type?

I have created Service Desk policies and assigned them by "Organization type" using Desk Definition>Processing>Associated policies. This appears to only be processed when new tickets are created from within the VSA/Service Desk. Any tickets created by email readers will only take the "Default" policy (if it exists) from the Service Desk.

It was not able to find a "ticket property" for "Organization Type" in the service desk procedures, nor am I able to apply a policy in the mapping procedures. After realizing this, my only option is to assign a policy separately for each individual organization in the Stage enters identified procedure. in other words:

tests if organization = XXXX

sets PolicyName to XpolicyX

tests if organization = YYYY

sets PolicyName to YpolicyY

... and on it goes for each organization. Functionally this seems to be stable, but this means if I want to replace "XpolicyX" with "XnewpolicyX", then I have to remember to change it at the desk definition level, then hunt down and change each one of my PolicyName assignments.

What I'm really hoping for is a way to evaluate "Organization Type", or perhaps assign the Policy in a mapping procedure, but if anyone else has a work around I'd be glad to hear it.

Cheers,
Scott

Verified Answer
  • Hi Scott

I am not sure I understand you 100% but you may be able to use the "Execute SQL Select Query" command in a procedure to query the Kaseya DB for the Org Type (see help.kaseya.com/.../4009.htm). This is beyond the scope of this response, but you can get assistance from our ProServ team (ask your Account Manager to get you in touch with them). If you think there is an error or bug in the processing, please submit a support ticket and we will take a look.

Thanks

Amado Hidalgo

Kaseya Customer Service

All Replies
  • Hi Scott

I am not sure I understand you 100% but you may be able to use the "Execute SQL Select Query" command in a procedure to query the Kaseya DB for the Org Type (see help.kaseya.com/.../4009.htm). This is beyond the scope of this response, but you can get assistance from our ProServ team (ask your Account Manager to get you in touch with them). If you think there is an error or bug in the processing, please submit a support ticket and we will take a look.

Thanks

Amado Hidalgo

Kaseya Customer Service

• That will do as a workaround, or perhaps we will leave it as is. It does seem a tad complicated to test on a SQL query to assign policies for tickets incoming by email, when new tickets created within the VSA don't even require the test -- the policy is just assigned automatically.

I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intentional, certainly this is not a high priority item, but I would like to think Kaseya could file this under the "nice to have" column for the next SD release, if not a hotfix prior to that.

Cheers,

Scott