The information in this Article applies to:
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server (All versions)
Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Server (All versions)
Kaseya Server (All versions)

Problem

I can't install the Kaseya VSA Server on a Windows server running Norton AntiVirus 2001 with Script Blocking enabled. The installation hangs when it redirects to the web page, installSchema.asp, to complete the database setup.

I can't access the Kaseya VSA web pages from a web browser after installing Norton AntiVirus 2001 with Script Blocking enabled. The browser hangs when I attempt to access the VSA home page on my server.

In both cases, the web browser hangs when the VSA's Active Server Pages (ASP) are accessed. This problem may occur even if Norton AntiVirus is disabled.

Resolution

This problem occurs because the Script Blocking feature in Norton AntiVirus blocks scripting operations in Active Server Pages that access the file system.

To disable Norton AntiVirus 2001 Script Blocking:

1. Start Norton AntiVirus.

2. Click Options. If a menu appears when you click Options, then click Norton AntiVirus. The Options for Norton AntiVirus dialog box appears.

3. Click Script Blocking.

4. Uncheck "Enable Script Blocking (recommended)."

5. Click OK.

6. Reboot the server after you make this change to the Norton AntiVirus software.

Legacy Forum Name: Article 10008: Norton Anti-Virus with Script Blocking prevents the Installation or Running of Kaseya,
Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves