Kaseya Community

Org Custom Fields Disappeared?

This question is answered

Back in January I was able to add a custom field at an Org level (not the SD level).  We've updated to newer patch levels since then.  The field was called "wiki" and we use it to store the hyperlink for each org's wiki page in our system.  I have a need to make a few more org custom fields but there doesn't appear to be a place anymore to do that.  It's like that functionality has been removed.  I can still see the wiki field and edit it on a per-org basis, but I can't find where to create new org-wide custom fields.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Or, maybe this is better, can someone tell me how you got to that page where you can add custom fields at an org level so I can see if the same thing works for me?

Version: 8.0.0.16

Verified Answer
  • look in System > Customize > Site Customization > Org Custom Field Titles, highlight the next free line, and edit to enter a value.  

Not a logical place to put it....

All Replies
  • Kevin,

Go to System > Manage, Select the org, then click the "Custom Fields" tab.  You should be able to create org-level custom fields here.  If you don't have access to this tab, make sure you are logging in with a role configured to grant access to this tab.  If you're not a Master/System user, check with your administrator.  If you are a Master/System user, check that your role is set to Master or System as a different role may be restricting visibility of this tab.

• Nope.  That is where I thought it would be also.  When I go there and select an org there is a Custom Fields tab; however, that tab only lets me edit the values of existing org custom fields.  I cannot create new custom fields.  There used to be a place where I could create a custom field, such as "ClientType", and then it would show up for every single org on the Custom Fields tab.  I don't see that functionality anymore.

I am logged in as administrator and using the Master role with the Master scope.  I also ensured that everything is checked for access in the Master scope.

• look in System > Customize > Site Customization > Org Custom Field Titles, highlight the next free line, and edit to enter a value.  

Not a logical place to put it....

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.  No wait, I've seen the internals of the ksubscribers db.  Thanks for your help, Jo!