Kaseya Community

New Reporting Engine?

This question is answered

Hi Everyone,

I have an on-premises VSA running v6.5.

I'm permanently reviewing the right moment and version to upgrade.

While reviewing the R9 I think i saw within the VSA configuration the legend "Reporting Services Configuration: Kaseya Reporting Services" instead of "Microsoft Reporting Services".

Is there a new reporting engine in R9? It is not clear from R9 "Specs".

Could one clarify this?

What are the differences? Pros and Cons?

Is MS SQL Reporting Services no longer the primary Reporting Engine?

I'm planing to do a clean install instead of updating my VSA and a choice of a new Reporting Engine could have big impact...

Thanks,

Jose

Verified Answer
  • The two different reporting engines have always existed since version 6 -> check the help.

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Short answer to your question, the reporting engine hasn't changed in VSA 6.3 through R9 - you won't experience any change in functionality (bugs aside!)

All Replies
  • The two different reporting engines have always existed since version 6 -> check the help.

help.kaseya.com/.../index.asp

Short answer to your question, the reporting engine hasn't changed in VSA 6.3 through R9 - you won't experience any change in functionality (bugs aside!)

• Thanks Craig.

• My understanding is that one will also lose the Executive Summary Report in any version newer than 6.5.

• I'm running version 7 and have no issues generating the Executive Summary Report every month for my customers. Just FYI.

• Maybe you're thinking of this: community.kaseya.com/.../20430.aspx

• Zippo, the exec summary works fine all the way up to and including R9. The issue is that it was never upgraded to the new report look and feel, so youre stuck with the classic layout.

A revised exec summary was promised for every release from. 6.5 onwards and was briefly released with R8 then withdrawn. At this stage R10 or R11 was roadmapped for it, but now the roadmap has been made worthless, who knows when it might be delivered?