Kaseya Community

Kaseya Server and Blackberry Enterprise Server

• Does anyone know ifthe KServercan be on a machine that is running BES?

Cheers

C

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Server and Blackberry Enterprise Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CNelsonT2
  • Why would you even consider that?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • far182 wrote:
    Why would you even consider that?

Thatskind ofmy question. Why shouldn't I consider it? Is there anything obvious that would conflict so I don't have to go and test it. Performance willnot be a major deciding factor.

Legacy Posted By Username: CNelsonT2
  • Well, considering that most people are using Kaseya for very critical areas of their business infrastructure.. I wouldn't risk putting both products on the same box. Things like patches, updates, performance, conflicts, etc. Last thing I would want is to wonder why my Kserver was acting weird and then 2nd guessing myself about another app being installed on the server.

Just my .2

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • cnelsont2-As to your question...it may work but would you want to risk putting two critical applications on one machine? How would you get those nice messages on the bb if some update to the kserver or BES brings one or both of them down? No messages and no kaseya...no good. I'd also guess that kaseya support/dev doesn't have that config real high on the testing priority list so you'd have to worry about every update. I'll add mine 2 cents to far182 and just find another way to do it.
    By my calculation you've now got 22 cents worth of caution there. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: JohnnyHeavens
  • Considering the cost of a seperate server is insignificant compared to the cost of the software I would just buy a seperate box.

I run my Kserver on a 64 bit 2003 member server with 8GB of RAM, its the only thing on there and runs very fast.

Legacy Posted By Username: mrbiggles