Kaseya Community

Agent Offline/Online Alerts

• Right now I configure my servers to alert me when they go offline after x number of minutes. When these alerts come in, they turn the "System Down" icon red in the Monitor Dashboard (as expected) for that machine group.

I also choose to be alerted when these machines come back online. These alerts turn the "Other" category red. This is surprisingly annoying to me. I want to change the agent online alert to alert to the System Down category, since they correlate.

Can this be done?

Legacy Forum Name: Agent Offline/Online Alerts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • Unfortunately, alerts in Kaseya are stateless - meaning that they happen and that's that. There's no monitoring of what STATE an alert is in - whether what triggered the event is still a problem or if it has resolved itself. Offline agents are probably the #1 event where this is an issue. Probably the second is a service or process that's down and probably the third is low disk space.

I was told by Kaseya that an upcoming release (I'm not sure when that would be, however), alerts and alarms are going to be changing drastically. They will soon be state-smart and you'll no longer have a ton of alerts sent out for bad condition/good condition changes.

In other words, you'll no longer get an alert saying that a machine is offline and then another alert saying that it is back online with no correlation between the two. Instead, you'll see the status as being offline (and yeah, you'll still be able to get notification of that) and then the alarm will clear when the machine is back online.

Should be nice, but in the meantime, there's really no way to do what I think you want (making a red condition turn green).

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I don't want a red condition to turn back to green automatically.

Consider the following, common scenario:

- server goes down, and alerts me. "System Down" turns red.

- server comes back up, and alerts me. "Other" turns red. Why alert to a different category? Is it possible to make the "online" alert just alert into the System Down category instead of Other? I don't care what color it is at that point, and I don't need it to change back.

In the above situation., I have to clear both "System Down" and "Other" for that machine group. Its twice the clicking. Thats the annoyance.

• Actually, you'd STILL have two to clear. The GROUP doesn't matter; it is the fact that it is two separate alerts. Whether it is two alerts in the same category or one in "Other" you're going to have the same number of alerts and each has to be cleared separately.

Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I _know_. I'm not explaining this very well I guess.

Click the red button, click "Select All", change the state to "Closed". Even without select all, its still less work.

Right now I have to do the above fortwo different categories: "System Down" and "Other".

As I said, its not like its killing me. Its just an annoyance and I wish I couldchange the category this the alert is going to, nothing more. I suppose I could turn off the online alert altogether and do something else.

• Oh and all along I kept saying that the agent online alert was going to "Other". It actually goes into the "Alert" category.