Kaseya Community

Anyone else having issues with Executive Reports?

• This has been going on for us for a long time. But since we using Connectwise mostly for our reporting we havn't been too stressed about it.

Anyway, for clients with more than 20-30 machines we are rarely able to run an executive report. It times out just about everytime.

Anyone else?

Legacy Forum Name: Anyone else having issues with Executive Reports?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Are you by any chance exporting to Word or Excel when this happens?

In that case this might be due to AspBufferingLimit being exceeded. Here is the error:

"Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit"

See MS KB925764 for details

-Ed

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • This happends on just the regular report to webpage. Not exporting.

Good to note if we see that problem though.

• I had the same issue with these reports. I opened a ticket and here was their response. Hope this helps!!Cool

The problem has to do with data being buffered before being sent from the IIS server to the client browser. In this case, the amount of data going into the buffer is too big for the size of the buffer.
    You can try to workaround this by adjusting the AspBufferingLimit setting. The Buffer size is controlled in IIS 6 in the metabase.xml file found in %WindowsRoot%\system32\inetsrv\metabase.xml. The Buffer size is set in the AspBufferingLimit property, the default is 4 MB.
    You can make changes to the MetaBase.xml file while IIS is running only if the edit-while-running feature is enabled. Otherwise, you must stop IIS before editing the MetaBase.xml file (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sms/sms2003/techfaq/tfaq10.mspx - Question 6).
    You really have to play around with the number that would work for you.

We did not want to mess with IIS so I am now doing an individual report for each client with only one that still fails due to the amount of machines.

-Dave

Legacy Posted By Username: dshultis
  • Thats actually the same issue I mentioned and we experienced. We upped the IIS buffer limit to 15mb some months ago, reports dont time out,and no problems so far.

-Ed

Legacy Posted By Username: bellcpa
  • Just just added another 4GB to our Kserver and now we can run any executive report. Even on All Groups.

This memory addition was a really good move, the server is 4x faster.