Kaseya Community

KES not confirming scripts

• I'm currently testing out KES. On all machines I've tested it on, KES always logs that the script was successful but can't confirm it.

examples:

Script succeeded but update never confirmed

Script succeeded but install never confirmed

Could this be due to us already using AVG 7.5 Network edtion on all of our clients?

Legacy Forum Name: KES not confirming scripts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: brandon93505
  • Did you uninstall AVG first? You need to remove any anti-virus prior to installing KES on a machine.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • bpenland wrote:
    Did you uninstall AVG first? You need to remove any anti-virus prior to installing KES on a machine.

I did some testing last night and came to the same conclusion. Too bad AVG doesn't support and unattended uninstall.

Legacy Posted By Username: brandon93505
  • We brought the same thing up in beta (no unattended uninstall) but they have a good reason for not doing it. It's the same reason Symantec, Trend, McAfee, etc. do not uninstall a competitors product.

Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: bpenland
  • bpenland wrote:
    We brought the same thing up in beta (no unattended uninstall) but they have a good reason for not doing it. It's the same reason Symantec, Trend, McAfee, etc. do not uninstall a competitors product.

Smile

That's actually not entirely accurate. Remote install of Trend has for a number of years automatically uninstalled McAfee and Symantec. Use it all the time when we're moving people over to Trend.

Legacy Posted By Username: misolutions
  • As doesMcAfee's Total Protection for Small Business will remove basically any competing product.

That's what currently we're using. Central console for all our clients policies and reports, and we don't have to worry about what virus scan poductis currently on a box. We just push out the install and go. And best of all, it's hosted on thier servers so all we do is manage it.

Ilooked at the KES product but I have personally never been impressed with AVG. I asked the question of why they went with AVG and the answer was there's no API's for any other product. Thatstatement cought me as "not trying hard enough". All the "coporate" products I've dealt with usually have some sort of "central console" (ePolicy Orchestrator from McAfee for instance) to manage things. So why couldn't KES do this same thing with a different product an just take the place of the "central console".

Legacy Posted By Username: rfouche