Kaseya Community

4.8 upgrade success of failure

• For those brave souls that have already upgraded to 4.8, how is it going?

Other than the few posts so far, can anyone share their experience on how stable 4.8 seems to be? Any major problems or concerns?

Legacy Forum Name: 4.8 upgrade success of failure,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I upgraded mine last night. It was pretty quick.

Haven't rolled out the new agent to everyone, but so far so good.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • We have been running some varient of 4.8 since Febuary. It's VERY stable.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • not an issue as of yet. I upgraded in the middle of the day and went smoothly enough to take a remote support call about 10 minutes after.

-Roy

Legacy Posted By Username: rage
  • Went flawless.

Legacy Posted By Username: rumptis
  • upgrade went flawless..

having issues with some emails bouncing... but I am sure that is a tech-up, and not a 4.8 problem.

Gamer-x

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Middle of the day, upgrade was flawless

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • So far so good, though (of course) the one machine whose agent I can't convince to upgrade? My own.

It's been that kind of day, and by "day" I mean "year."

UPDATE: Apparently the agent update made our domain controller fall over. Now I'm terrified of trying to update agents elsewhere...

Legacy Posted By Username: GreyDuck
  • GreyDuck,

Ouch, what happened? The new agent crashed your server? Were you pushing the update backup/Acronis agent or just the basic Kaseya agent upgrade?

Everyone else,

Have you pushed out agent 4.8 updates yet? or merely upgraded the KServer to 4.8?

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I have all my clients upgraded to agent 4.8

This includes servers and no issues (or at least no one has called yet)

Legacy Posted By Username: rage
  • New agent went onto the DC at 12:09, and about twenty minutes later everything ground to a halt. I'm going through the logs now that we've restarted the server and the only thing that happened before the mass of failure messages is the note from Service Control Manager stating the Kaseya stopped and started.

Unfortunately there's nothing else to go on. It's "blah blah blah printed documents blah blah Kaseya service nothing nothing OH WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE FAILING SERVICES" and then the hard reboot we performed after exhausting the softer alternatives.

I haven't so much as touched the Acronis piece yet, and only intend to roll that out on a couple of "problem" servers any time soon.

I don't know that it's the agent install's fault, but there's ***-all else in the police line-up, if you know what I mean.

• GreyDuck wrote:
    New agent went onto the DC at 12:09, and about twenty minutes later everything ground to a halt......

Duck,

Pleasekeep the board updated on the issueand the resolution. Would be helpful to know what happened!

It is brave souls like you who install the latest release within 24 hours that make the world safe for the rest of us. :-D

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: nvelocity
  • Well, at the moment there's neither an issue or a resolution. The DC hasn't fallen over again (yet, I hasten to add, because I seem to have a veritable gift for making pronouncements that immediately turn out to be false) and none of the other agent installs are misbehaving in the slightest... except for the upgrade on my own workstation which I had to undertake manually. Go figure.

In other news, my lone "testing" Vista workstation installed K-VNC okay but I can't seem to control the silly thing, no matter how much Kaseya insists that "Remote control should have been successful." Ah well.

Tomorrow is another day. And, if I'm at all lucky, it'll go better than today...

• I upgrade to 4.8 on Tuesday evening and push the new agent later that night. All's well....

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • So far so good for me.

I had the opportunity to test the K-VNC on a brand new Vista laptop a client purchase on holidays in Singapore. (I'm in Australia).

He install the kaseya agent from his Hotel room, and within 5 minutes I had control of the laptop and configured his email settings.

Very impressive improvment over the previous Vista remote options.

Otherwise no issues. Well done Kaseya.

Mike

Legacy Posted By Username: mfelder