Kaseya Community

New Section in Audit called Documents

• In the Audit tab there is a new (4.8 update) function called "Documents". According to the description it says that it displays files that were uploaded to the Kserver via the Get File command in scripts, however this is not the case. It states that if the computer name is not a hyperlink then no files exists. I know that almost all of my agents have file uploaded, I can see them perfectly fine in the old (and still active) location Get Files function under scripting, but in this new location, my agents are a hyperlink, but when you click on the machine it says "no files found". This seems to be broken. I even ran a script to bring another test file to the server and it showed up in the old location, but not the new.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: New Section in Audit called Documents,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Marty

the way I understood it in the tech demo today, was that area was for the MSP to upload documents and files to associate with each system.

this would be used to hold info like purchase Receipts, invoices, documents on replacement parts, vendor service calls, and other stuff.

the documents section is for us to help "manage the systems" better for the client.

In Him,

MJN

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • I also understood as MJN stated. That is just a repository for us to upload config files, or any other files for that machine/agent.

Though it would be really nice to have a way to see files from the Get Files command.

Legacy Posted By Username: rage
  • Thanks to jnutall for this.....

I sent a feature request for this and he replied telling me where it is.

"you can view these by going to the scripts tab -> get files. On this page, you will see a list of the files that each machine has uploaded.
    Kaseya Support"

Legacy Posted By Username: rage
  • But whats new to this function? The get files function is already some versions available.

Paul

rage wrote:
    Thanks to jnutall for this.....

I sent a feature request for this and he replied telling me where it is.

"you can view these by going to the scripts tab -> get files. On this page, you will see a list of the files that each machine has uploaded.
    Kaseya Support"

Legacy Posted By Username: pauls
  • I would say that the ability to attach specific notes to specific machines, on our end is a good thing, maybe a list of normal users, receipt for the system, any service calls made by the vendor, some of this information will be on the machine. but you won't have the receipt, you will have to call the vendor for service records, you can keep your own notes per PC on the Kserver, without having to go to the client.

I know much of the information may be found in Kaseya itself, but having the ability to attach documents like receipts and service call logs to each PC is a good thing for me, I can add a service call log to the PC, and track a history of it.

think about it this way, this section is for internal only notes for each system that we manage, I don't know about any of you, but everytime I touch a machine I make some notes as to what I did and when, even remotely, this allows me to attach it to the machine and have that information avaialable the next time I do something on that machine.

BTW if I am off base with this feature please let me know

• I know about the Get Files location in the scripts function as it has been there for awhile. I also understand what your saying about this being another location to upload files and thats all good, but, the feature states:

Click on a machine name to access files retrieved with
    Get File script command.

Note: If the machine ID is not a link, then no files have been retrieved.

The machines are links, which implies there are documents, but when you click on the link there are no documents. If this is truly another location to store files they need to take away the above description since this is not the way files get into this location.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I am willing to bet that the page itself, and possibly part of the function was Copy/Pasted from the get file page