Kaseya Community

Release notes for 4.8?

• Haven't seen them posted in forums or on the main site.

Anyone have them?

Thanks,

Joe

Legacy Forum Name: Release notes for 4.8?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jhorvath
  • See:

http://help.kaseya.com/WebHelp/ReleaseNotes.htm

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pauls
  • I got them after clicking on check for update in the configure section under the system tab in Kaseya. Next time I logged on it popped up telling me 4.8 was available with a link to go to to download the update notes...

update - or see below!

Legacy Posted By Username: awnicolson
  • Thanks Bro

Legacy Posted By Username: jhorvath
  • Odd, but the release notes don't mention anything about Universal Restore, which they mentioned on the webcast today about 4.8.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • where do we download the KES section ?

Legacy Posted By Username: graham lyle
  • Not generally available yet.

• I just emailed my sales contact at Kaseya, but it is looking like the KES feature did not make it for the 4.8 release? The strange thing is I now have two backup tabs on my Kaseya web interface like one tab was supposed to be the KES tab. Does anyone know if Kaseya pulled the KES feature out before deploying the 4.8 patch? The patch notes do not have any mention of the features.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris_toppan
  • If I understand correctly, KES was not going to be part of 4.8 when it came out. It was meant to be added on later.

• Ah. The press release made it sound like the KES was being released with 4.8. Since it stated "Today announced the availability of two significant advancements for its IT management framework." One of the advancements being the KES feature.

http://www.kaseya.com/company/pr-07-version-4.8-release.php

• Yes,a bit misleading.

• SO anyone hear any details as toPricing of the KES Add-On?

Legacy Posted By Username: NuMoJo
  • Not yet. And I'm bugging my rep daily.

• Also I can not find the post now, but the post mentioned a discount if you purchase the KES add-on before June 30th. Did anyone else not get an email about the 4.8 release? I did not know about 4.8 until I saw a press release on another site.

• The pricing is available. Bug your rep.

I will not post it here, since I do not know if I am supposed to or not.

for 100 lics its something like $2.00/mo cost.
    I think is drops to a buck on largest package.

There are of course upfront fees, and this will be a 12 month yearly kinda thing, just like anti virus software is now. Nothing new there.

There is also a kinda tricky start/expire policy ... license starts on this date kinda thing, where you get a year to deploy them all. and then all non used lics are dead after a period of two years. something like that... I was drooling when he told me so I don't remember.

my 2 cents.... I am gonna like this KES sh*t a lot.
    I can sell a boat load of this. Mr. Customer, you should use my product. Why, cause I told you too. SmileSmileSmileSmileSmileSmile I see someone is already talking about that in another post.

I will go drop in and post my thoughts on that subject over there, since this thread is entitled... release notes for 4.8.

Gamer-X

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X