Kaseya Community

What were the top 3 things that you got from the Kaseya Conference?

• For those of us who attended the 1st Kaseya User Conference, I'd like to hear some feedback on what you got out of the conference.

What were the top 3 things that you got out of the conference???

Legacy Forum Name: What were the top 3 things that you got from the Kaseya Conference?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • My Top 3:

1. Opportunity to network with other Kaseya users in person. (Got some useful tips and tricks through this as well.)
    2. Guy's keynote presentation.
    3. Hearing things from "the horse's mouth", so to speak. (I did find the history of the company also interesting, since it gave me a better understanding of where Kaseya came from. The presentation on the Agent was also informative, though I felt bad for Paul who clearly was having difficulty presenting to such a large crowd at the start.)

The announcement of features and the roadmap was good. Even though I would have heard about those things through pre-release announcements and such, it was good to hear the news firsthand in one concise presentation.

I'm planning on going again next year. Word was that it was going to be in Vegas as well.

I must add, kudos to Kaseya for throwing a very good conference. The hotel and facilities were top-notch and the conference in general did not feel like it was their first ever user conference.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • 1. Finally the correct counter for inbound exchange mail queues.

2. Guy Kawasaki's speech

3. Getting to see the bosses up there spelling out mother with the dueling piano girls.

I'll second the kudos about the great conference. It was also great to finally meet those kaseya employees and end users in person that I've gotten to know over the years.

Legacy Posted By Username: bryant
  • Good enough to travel 7,000 miles for?

BTW- did a directions on google maps to get the mileage...

Step 41: Swim across the Atlantic Ocean: 3,462mi, 29 days 0 Hours.

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • gordonc wrote:
    Good enough to travel 7,000 miles for?

BTW- did a directions on google maps to get the mileage...

Step 41: Swim across the Atlantic Ocean: 3,462mi, 29 days 0 Hours.

gordon

That's debateable. If they held it over in Scotland, I may decide to pass. Or not. Smile

• bryant wrote:
    1. Finally the correct counter for inbound exchange mail queues.

Care to elaborate on that?

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • Hmm, actually, I'm not sure Matthe gave us the right counter in his presentation.

• 1. The opportunity to talk to Cory about features that we would like to see in the reporting and then learning that it will be addressed in the new release.

2. Guy's speech and then talking to him afterwards

3. Networking with other MSP's and discussing how they are using Kaseya and getting tips to improve how we use Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: icemanx722
  • I enjoyed getting to voice the true importance of a real SDK and API offering.

I really could use this.

I find an issue just about everyday that could be easily solved with an SDK from Kaseya...

so

# 1. importance of an SDK.

#2. Watching Kiwi transplants learn Craps Smile

#3. Getting to talk turkey with the P and VP, discussing vital issues and stuff. Smile

I will attend again.
    Have it in the same place next year too. It was very nice and the food was good too.

Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • Guy was awesome!!!

It was good to get the Road map and vision of the company first hand. The history of the company coming from the Security industry was interesting and important for me to convey to my customers.

Legacy Posted By Username: jgrimes
  • I really liked the conference - I thought is was one of the most relevant IT related conferences I've attended.

1. Getting to relate with others in similar situationsabout the obstacles and ways to approach them.

2. Getting to spendtime with Kaseya's team memberswas helpful and hearing the directions they were taking the product. Really enjoyed hearing from all the presentors on theirimpression of where they see the market heading.

3. Guy's presentation was priceless - Dangerous Bozocity. Classic.

Recommendation for next years conference - Host a "Geeks Widows" cocktail party for the wives/SO's so they get a chance to match up with someone to hang out with during the times when the conference is going on.

Legacy Posted By Username: diskgolpher
  • vplaza wrote:
    Hmm, actually, I'm not sure Matthe gave us the right counter in his presentation.

Do you know what they should be then? I'm going to post to the monitoring forum if you guys could please help with and discuss there.

Legacy Posted By Username: bryant
  • Unfortunately, no.

I'm looking, but I think what he gave us was the counter for the SMTP Server that comes with IIS, rather than the Exchange Message Queue counter.

• The conference was perfect.

01:> Steps for building a successful managed practice

02:> Speaking to already successful MSPs exposing their secrets to success

03:> Rolling with ALL of the employee's of Kaseya and gaining a true feeling for the company.

Why only 3? I have almost 35 pages of good actionable information which I took from this event.

Legacy Posted By Username: espeer

• Guy Kawasaki presented at Microsoft Small Business Summit. Check the link out

http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/small-business-summit/FY07/SummitVideo/Watch.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: itopsr