Kaseya Community

Lan Watch yeilds no machines

• We have two accounts that for no particular reason - lan watch discovers NO computers connected to the network.

These are two completely different networks - the networks are running fine (DCHP, DNS, default gateway are all set correctly). Private IP ranges...

No unusual firewall software is present - I could see why SOME pcs wouldn't show up in the lan watch but even under the "view lan" we don't see the firewall or router on these networks.

Anything else we can check to fix this problem?

thanks in advance.

-Eric

Legacy Forum Name: Lan Watch yeilds no machines,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eclemens
  • Do both of the machines running the lan watch scan have multiple nics?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • Excellent question.

One server has only one NIC. That one NIC has only one IP address. No routing services or anything unusual in terms of networking installed.

the other has two NICs, but only one is enabled. Again - nothing out of the ordinary is installed with regards to networking.

-Eric

• I'd like to also point out that it appears this problem started after our upgrade to 4.7

• I am having this same issue right now. I have a lab setup with 1 Windows 2k3 R2 DC and 2 testing computers, 1 a vista laptop and the other a WinXP pro Desktop allconnected into a switch. The computer can ping everything by name and by IP.I am running version 4.7 as well.Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: chrisec
  • I recently had something similar where LAN Watch appeared to operate correctly however Install Agents was blank (not showing any detected machines). The issue was solved by upgrading the psexec.exe file.

The following post might be of assistance:

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=2135&forum_id=2

Legacy Posted By Username: jaime
  • We are still having this problem even after updating the psexec.exe file. LANWatch runs on a machine, and I can see the data in the temp folder, but it never gets updated on the server.

Legacy Posted By Username: RadicalSousa
  • From Kaseya Support:

"We have isolated this problem to some code that is not running to reset db pools correctly. This will be addressed in the next Kaseya maintenance release 4.7.1. We expect this release in the next couple weeks.

This is prompted when there is any type of connection "hiccup" between the kserver and SQL Server machines. You can resolve this by cycling the kserver service, maybe you could set this to cycle daily until the release fo the new build."

Legacy Posted By Username: RadicalSousa