Kaseya Community

What hardware are you running your Kaseya Server on?

• We are looking at replacing our hardware for our Kaseya server.

Currently, everything is on one server, Raid 1, Dual Opteron system.

Administrative web page speeds are slow at times and we would like to speed that up.

Reccommendations?

Legacy Forum Name: What hardware are you running your Kaseya Server on?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • Our current server is over a year old....

Dell PE2850, Dual 3.0GHz Xeons, 2G RAM, 2x73G SCSI drives in RAID 1 for OS, 3x146G SCSI drives in RAID 5 for data

Currently have about 900 agents managed and performance is still good. We have a PE2950 (Dual 3.0GHz Dual Core Xeons (5050), 8G RAM, 2x146G SAS drives in RAID 1 for OS, 3x146G SAS drives in RAID 5 for data) ready to upgrade to, but just haven't had the time to do it.

We run SQL on the same box as Kaseya.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza

• Dell PowerEdge 2650,2 gigsRAM, 2.4GHz IntelXeon (2x), and 3 80 gig drives in raid 5. We keep our database on a seperate SQL server. Also hosts our BlackBerry server.

According to Orion, averages 22% CPU and 400 mb RAM more or less consistently. We have about 400 agents. (And tons of blackberries.)

Kaseya really doesn't suck up that much CPU. I prefer keeping my SQL databases in one place and we have a monster SQL server, so it doesn't put that much of a footprint on disk space.

Legacy Posted By Username: ccasper
  • If your not seeing high cpu times a simple upgrade would be to add a second raid array and put your db on that. Raid 10 is hella fast if you can manage it for databases.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Who is running SQL2000? Who is running SQL2005?

Legacy Posted By Username: beedsley
  • 2000 here

• I'm running Kaseya on Windows 2003 R2 and SQL 2005. The hardware is aDell 1850 with single 2.8GHz Xeon, 2GB RAM, two 73GB SCSI drives using RAID 1. We're planning on managing500 systems with this server, through we may add additional resources in the future.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • I'm interested to know what sort of bandwidth people have to/from their kserver (plus roughlyhow many clients they handle)and whether they host them internally or in a data centre.

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • Currently on a piddly dual-core P4 2.66, 1.3gb ram, 80gb sata drive, and 300gb ide drive for backups. Our main connection is 4mb/4mb from a wireless carrier, though we are switching to a cable connection as our primary (failover setup) soon. About 400 agents deployed at the moment.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I'm hosting internally. I'm using a ADSL connection 1.5Mb down / 384Kb up. It's the best I can get pricewise. If I run in to bandwidth issues, I'll consider a T1,fractional T3, or co-locating.

Since Kaseya corrected thepatch database (mssecure.xml) distribution to use the same method as patch distribution, our bandwidth usage looks real good. Before there was a three hour bandwidth slam every time the patch database was updated.

I'm running around 140 agents now with plans to run up to 500. I'm think my currently bandwidth may be enough.

Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • That's interesting. Our server is in a data centre on a 100Mbit connection. The server spec is too low (we had it for something else), so we're currently looking at upgrade options. I just wasn't sure how much bandwidth kaseya agents would actually be consuming.

We've got three ADSL connections here (with load balance/failover), so we might well get away with running the kserver internally.

Something to go ponder.

gordon

Legacy Posted By Username: gordonc
  • Our server is an old Dell PE1650, Dual PIIIwith 2.5 GB ram, RAID 1. Seems OK with 300 agents. This box sits in our colocated rack with lots of bandwidth, cooling and power. We have considered bringing it internal where we have 2 T-1's.

Legacy Posted By Username: dng
  • We have have our servers at a data center. Full 100Mbit LACP (Link Aggregation, so really x2 100Mbit links)link to the core.

Also, we colocate other people as well, other MSPs included. Contact me for details.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • HP DL380-G5Dual Core XENON. SAS-10kRAID 1, 512 write cache. 4GB Memory.

I wish the Kserver supported 64bit as we are seing great results in 64bit. For now are running 32bit Windows 2003 Enterprise, SQL 2005.

Dedicated T1 to the Kserver.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • gordonc wrote:
    I'm interested to know what sort of bandwidth people have to/from their kserver (plus roughlyhow many clients they handle)and whether they host them internally or in a data centre.

gordon

Our equipment is co-located at a Savvis data center. IMHO, it would be too expensive for us to try and replicate the power, air, fire supression, and physical security that a data center provides. We have a commit of 6Mb, burstable to 100Mb. We currently have about 900 clients managed.

We also have our Exchange Server as well as our public web server going through the same pipe. Our monthly average is under 1M, but spikes during the day/week between 2M-4M occur.