Kaseya Community

4.7 upgrade breaks our KServer

• We did the update as instructed and when viewing our login page we only get the header and a blank page. The address bar flickers as it continually tries to refresh a variable in the URL. /access/accessroot.asp?

The six digit number repeatedly rotates very quickly.

Effectively our KServer is broken and Kaseya support goes home at 3PM PST. Brilliant masterstroke Kaseya!

Our build is very vanilla. It's a dedicated Kaseya Server in a datacenter on HP hardware. No connectwise or other modifications.

Be very careful before updating your Server. :-?

Legacy Forum Name: 4.7 upgrade breaks our KServer,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nvelocity
  • I had the same problem - Easy fix -

Make sure you logged in as Admin on the console - not through a TS or Remote desktop window...

Run Setup again - after the install is done - an IE windows is suppose to open and run a script to update the database - when that's done your site is upgraded....If you get a 404 error when IE opens, run setup again.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nachnet
  • Based only on your description of the resulting behavior, it is likely thatthe installer founda locked file that prevented the expansion of the web pages during your first attempt to update. The aborted extraction could explain the behavior you described. You provided no details on what you encountered during the update. Did you notice and/or dismiss any dialogs indicating that a file was in use? If so,addressthe issue of any locked file, possibly a reboot is required, and then run the update, KaWebUpdate.exe, again.

A reboot would be the easiest cure-all for any locked files. Running the update again should then proceed smoothly. You can refer to this http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1832&forum_id=6forupgrade information for v4.7. Mostly all updates have gone smoothly as far as we know.

While Kaseya's support hours are 6am to 6pm Eastern time, you should not hesitate to email in your issuesto support@kaseya.com. Support responses frequently are provided after 6pm EST.

Legacy Posted By Username: PWong
  • The install completes without any errors or warnings except at the end it tries to open updatedones.asp and fails.

I've restarted services, the entire Server and reapplied the update more than once. It is still broken with no changes from original post.

• If %WINDIR%kaseya.html, which is the installer log, shows no errors, then reapply the database schema to manually complete the process since updateDone.asp could not run. You can reapply the database schema by clicking the Start menu -> All Programs -> Kaseya -> Reinstall database schema.

Something on your server may be preventing the launching of the web browser as the final update step to run updateDone.asp.

If there are errors in thekaseya.htmllog, send it in to support@kaseya.com.

• I rebooted it again (third time) and reapplied the update (fifth time) and this time it still dind't open the updatesdone.asp but I could log into our web console.

Based onmy own experience and what I read in another post, I am not going to update the agents anytime soon. Is there any downside to waiting?

• Do run "Start menu -> All Programs -> Kaseya -> Reinstall database schema" to make sure the schema update has been applied. The KServer is designed to be fully backwards compatible with older Agents, so they may be updated at your leisure. The server side gains in resource utilization and performance do not strictly rely on the new Agent, but would indeed benefit more if the new Agent is deployed.

• I just had the same scrolling number URL problem when trying to get to access the server through any browswer. Reinstalling the update fixted it...

We have also experienced some wierd communications problems (espeically W2K Servers). They appeared offline to the server, but the agent seemed to think it was still online. A couple magically came back about 12 hours later, the others required various combinations of reboots and uninstall/reinstall -- one learning: it is impossible to kill agentmon.exe using any trick in the book.

Every thing is looking good for now, but we are nervous.

I do't know if I would have delayed the upgrade (we did it on Jan 30th) because of some new features we desperately wanted -- it depends on how things procede fromhere. But I would definiitely move forward with caution.

Legacy Posted By Username: intrustgroup
  • I'm having a similar issue. After no end of updating, rebooting, re-applying the schema, I run into this error:

Please wait while the database configuration completes... Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot create more than one clustered index on table 'eventSetDef'. Drop the existing clustered index 'eventSetDef_eventSetId_idx' before creating another.
    C:\KASEYA\WEBPAGES\INSTALL\../inc/applySchema.inc, line 27

-----

This is a fresh install of Kaseya, on a fresh install of Windows 2k3 server, with MSSQL 2000.

After this happens, the Kaseya service sits in "stopping", and becomes useless without a reboot.

Any other ideas?

Regards,
    TScott

Legacy Posted By Username: tscott
  • had the same problem. re-installed again and it worked fine.

Legacy Posted By Username: Stereo
  • I was hoping to avoid it thinking that there might be a patch come out soon but couldnt wait anymore.... Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Stereo