Kaseya Community

Upgrade to 4.7 and BUDR...did you have to upgrade the BUDR clients?

• Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but when you upgraded to 4.7, did you have to upgrade your BUDR clients to a new version of the software?

Did you have to reschedule your backups or did everything just stay as it was before the upgrade?

Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Upgrade to 4.7 and BUDR...did you have to upgrade the BUDR clients?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • Everything stays the same.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Thanks. On a different topic but still on BUDR, one of the features that I thought was coming with 4.7 was the ability to do a "run back up now" so that a user could initiate a back up outside of the schedule.

Is this a feature that is coming in a future release?

• You can run abackup now in the current system outside of the normal schedule. Within theSchedule Volumes function, there is a Backup Now button. Using this does not impact the schedule.

• Thanks, but I was thinking more about giving the customer the option to start a backup. For example, a laptop user may not always be able to have his\her laptop connected to the internet and have the USB drive connected when the backup is scheduled to run. It would be great if they could initiate one when they are ready.

Otherwise, we would need to give them access to Kaseya so they can do the Run Now. But that opens up a lot of other possible problems.

• vplaza wrote:
    Thanks, but I was thinking more about giving the customer the option to start a backup. For example, a laptop user may not always be able to have hisher laptop connected to the internet and have the USB drive connected when the backup is scheduled to run. It would be great if they could initiate one when they are ready.

Otherwise, we would need to give them access to Kaseya so they can do the Run Now. But that opens up a lot of other possible problems.

Yes this would be a great improvement. Also would allow us to make better use of the 850 Workstation BUDR licenses we have.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Yes this would be a great improvement. Also would allow us to make better use of the 850 Workstation BUDR licenses we have.

850?? Now THAT'S commitment to the product. Smile

• Back on topic, no, the clients upgradeded themselves.

Legacy Posted By Username: mgolicher
  • Back on topic, no, the clients upgradeded themselves.

Thanks. Just curious, under "Backup > Install/Remove", what version does it say for the machines?

• 9.1-3866

• Interesting. So it does require an update. 4.6 had version 9-1.3818.

That's good to know that we need to plan for that. But the backup schedule remained the same, correct?

• I can't say for certain that it is "required". I thought it was strange that the client automatically upgraded. It was also very fast which leads me to believe that it did not have to download the full client for the upgrade. All of the settings remained the same.

• Thanks. From past experience, the agent will probably work with the previous version, but support will say to upgrade if a problem arises, just to be sure. It would definitely be good if the upgrade really didn't need to push out that 100MBinstallation file.

• Let me make it clear again. There areNO updates to BU-DR in 4.7. The changes you see in the version number are the result of hotfixes that went out for 4.6.3.

• If that's the case, I'm wondering why my BUDR agents say they are at version 9-1.3818 when I believe our system is caught up with 4.6.3 hotfixes? Shouldn't they say 9-1.3866 by now? Odd.