Kaseya Community

Alarm on Application Event?

• I have to be overlooking something here. I've set up a new group alarm column (Antivirus), as well as a alert to trigger when a specific event (a virus is found) is generated in the machine's app event log. How do I trigger the group alarm based upon the event alarm? I see the alarm in the Alarm Status page, but have not figured out how to assign it to the Group Alarm Status as well.

Legacy Forum Name: Alarm on Application Event?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: sequoya
  • sequoya wrote:
    I have to be overlooking something here. I've set up a new group alarm column (Antivirus), as well as a alert to trigger when a specific event (a virus is found) is generated in the machine's app event log. How do I trigger the group alarm based upon the event alarm? I see the alarm in the Alarm Status page, but have not figured out how to assign it to the Group Alarm Status as well.

I don't believe you can do this. I, also tried to create a new group for specific application events (backup and Anti-virus def. updates) but I could not assign them to the new category that I created because, this only works with SERVICES, no application events I was told. Would be great if it did, this is one of the things we like with our previous product LPI.

~ Gerard

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gerardlouise