Kaseya Community

SNMP

• can someone help me implement the snmp feature, im just trying to get a good idea on how it should work, in regards to the following example:

2 servers with snmp agents installed on them
    1 firewall with snmp enabled
    4 printers with snmp enabled
    2 switches

the two servers will have kaseya agents installed, the rest wont.

how will the kaseya server find these 9 devices?
    how can i maximize the amount of info i can get from the devices?
    what is the best way to implement this scenario?
    what is the most secure way to set this up, my understanding is only version 3 is secure?

any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Legacy Forum Name: SNMP,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dmauro
  • gee what help im recieving, thanks alot.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
  • SNMP is a pretty detailed topic. I am guessing you didn't get any responses is because your question is too vague instead of a pinpoint issue you are trying to get help on. I understand your frustration and will give it my best shot on helping you get started.

SNMP is monitored from a computer that has a kaseya agent installed on it. In your configuration, that would be one or both of your servers. You would start by going to the Monitor/SNMP Monitoring/LAN Watch section and have one of the servers do a lan watch. After that, you will need to set the SNMP community.

After the lan watch is completed (with the community set) you will get back a list of SNMP devices it found. Find these by going into: Monitor/SNMP Monitoring/Set SNMP Values. From there you can set SNMP monitoring sets for each device.

Now, you next question is going to be "How do I create SNMP monitoring sets". Well, there are some basic ones already included in the system. To create SNMP monitoring sets you need to go to: Monitor/Edit/SNMP Sets. Add your MIBS and create sets. If you don't know how to work with OID's and MIBS then you need to do some research and learning on SNMP.

I hope that helps you!

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Ive added some sets that i found on internet and from forum, i followed the steps 1-5 to add a new mib.
    however when i go to find the new sets, i dont see any except the ones that are there already.

also when i go to add a snmp set, i get

"The page cannot be displayed"

im looking for mib's from windows servers and components
    drives,cpu,mem,nic,raid, power supply
    ups devices

any good websites that you know of, for free/verified mib's?

• when i say i added some sets, i mean .mib files.
    it would be nice to get a step by step
    i understand the new release will have more auto snmp capabilitys

thanks for answering, also

• mibdepot.com I think.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182