Kaseya Community

Video Streaming under SSL

• We have noticed a few querks running our server under SSL however this is the most interesting and thought I'd bring it up. I guess I'll submit it to support unless they read this too.

IF your kserver runs under ssl and you have a "new" user initiate a video streaming session, they will not get the active x module to load.Why? IE has a issue with downloading files in a SSL session. I found in this situation that if I remove the S in https: that wala, the active x file downloads and streaming starts.

I curious if anyone else has seen this, what their work around was and does anyone know how to allow file downloads using IE. I have also found that if you use firefox in ssl, the files "do" download so this seems IE related, however we can't use firefox with the active x modules. Sad

Don

Legacy Forum Name: Video Streaming under SSL,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PITG-Don
  • PITG-Don wrote:
    however we can't use firefox with the active x modules. Sad

I've seen an Active X plug-in for Firefox. I can't vouch for the quality, but it's out there.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: connectex
  • PITG-Don wrote:
    however we can't use firefox with the active x modules. Sad

I've seen an Active X plug-in for Firefox. I can't vouch for the quality, but it's out there.

• well that would be cool but 99% of my clients use IE so that wouldn't help me much in this situation. Sad

• I'm just the messenger....don't shoot!

• Bang!Big Smileude:

No way Matt!

Don

• We use video streaming from an SSL webpage without issues, all the time.

Our SSL cert is from a bona fide certificate authority. Are you using a "home made" cert?

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • Cert is from Godaddy, so I would say it's good. Big Smileude:

• :-POur's is from godaddy 2!I must confess I've never run into SSL itself as being a show stopper for video streaming.

We've had problems with end user firewall security settings,andor otherbrowser security plugins, or programs. (Norton Internet Security 4 one) and the end users totalincompetence and disconnect on how toTURN THE CRAP OFF, or allow an exception.

I've noticed a phanamina that there is in fact a direct correlationwithand end-users technical inability andthe layers ofSSS. (silly security settings).:-?

Legacy Posted By Username: myArch-man
  • OMG my gut hurts from laughing, so true!