Kaseya Community

SNMP Log Screen Errors

• Ok so I haven't seen anyone else on here complain about it, so maybe it's just something wierd with my setup.

If I go to the SNMP Log screen and want to view some of the data that is being returned from a machine via SNMP, The thing that I'm monitoring from any one device will work just fine. For instance. I'm monitoring the prtCoverStatus, and prtMarkerLifeCount of a laser printer using the included SNMP Generic Laser Printer SNMP Set.

If I select that laser printer from the list of objects I get a listing that shows me both things that I'm querying with SNMP, and the option to "View" the first one (prtCoverStatus in this case). If I click on "View" for that object, then I get a nice table below listing the last 30 log rows exactly as I would expect. If then I click the little "down arrow" icon next to the prtMarkerLifeCount the page refreshes and I get an internet explorer error stating. "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet Site mykaseyaserverhere">http://Ideamykaseyaserverhere/MonitorTab/mainMonitor.asp Operation aborted." From that point on, anything else I try to do on that screen will result in the same error. Oddly enough though the information that I want to view still shows up in the window, I just have to clear that error out first.

Anyone have any suggestions or clues?

Thanks,

Legacy Forum Name: SNMP Log Screen Errors,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jonathan
  • After working with Support on this I found that it is apparently a machine specific issue. As it turns out this was only happening on three machines on our own network that I know of for certain at this time. It just so happened that those three machines were my own, the owner of the company and our terminal server, so the problem appeared more widespread than it actually was once I got to digging further.

After many many hours of playing "one of these PC's is not like the others..." between a machine that displayed the problem and one that did not I was still no closer to determining exactly what the overall issue is that is causing it. I used my own machine and one that was identical with all of the same patchlevels, antivirus, and antispyware tools. I found a few minor differences between the two and made it so that they were completely identical, the problem still only occured on my machine.

Further Googling turned up several references to others seeing this same error with various websites, etc. What it finally boiled down to for me at least is that apparently there is a bug in IE that for whatever reason only occurs in very few machines, which causes this error whenever you have Dynamic HTML code that attempts to modify the page before the page has finished rendering in IE. I located the offending code in the page that is displayed by the SNMP logging screen and moved it into a function that runs in the onload event of the body tag. That corrected the issue on all of my machines. I have submitted the results to Kaseya's support in case they ever run into this same situation with any other clients, but I thought I'd also post the info here in case any other forum members should see the issue on their own networks.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
  • I am having this same exact issue on my workstation here at work. I noticed a while ago it was only me, its when I try to view any monitor logs.

Either I don't understand the solution below or it is beyond my abilities (edit the pages ont he kaseya server?)

Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Thx

Legacy Posted By Username: BenT
  • If you have a reletively up to date install of Kaseya you shouldn't have these issues any longer. They actually integrated my changes into some of the recent patches of the server.

• If you have a reletively up to date install of Kaseya you shouldn't have these issues any longer. They actually integrated my changes into some of the recent patches of the server.

• hmmm, well as far as I've seen it's only my PC here at the office that gets the error:

mykaseyaserverhere">http://Ideamykaseyaserverhere/MonitorTab/mainMonitor.asp

When I click monitor logs, pick a machine... get it every time.

• Ben,

A couple things to check, this was fixed as Jonathan stated. A couple of questions:

What browser and version?

What version of Kaseya?

Please call Kaseya Support and create a ticket and we will take a look.

Thanks, Mark

Legacy Posted By Username: mtlingen
  • It's IE6 on XP SP2. I have had IE7 on this PC at one point during beta and uninstalled it (haven't gotten around to trying IE7 final yet).

Latest version of Kaseya I believe (4.6.3.0)

It's not a huge deal, I figured it had to be something on my PC since it doesnt affect anyone else. Was just hoping that someone else had come across it before.