Kaseya Community

• Anyone try the new version yet?

Any problems?

Legacy Forum Name: 4.6.3,
    Legacy Posted By Username: markm
  • I have been using it.. No issues that I have seen.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I started my upgrade to 4.3.6 and after 45 mintues, my progress indicator says Expanding cabs (840). Is this a larger than normal upgrade or is this in indication of a problem? I have not seen updates take this long.

Guy

Legacy Posted By Username: gjstory
  • Ok, now I am wishing I had captured the message about a dll causing the problem. I was using rdp to execute the update but the error causing the expanding cab file counter to continue was not being displayed. I used the vnc access to the server and found an error message about a dll file. Again, I did not think to capture the error and the system and event logs did not get the exact file name, only this

"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Kaseya Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: Kaseya VSA managing desktops.."

A reboot seems to have settled this issue. The update took place in less than 10 minuets.

Guy

• Do you update manually? (download the update install on the local server) Or update through web console?

I am trying to practice on the safe side

Legacy Posted By Username: markm
  • I had the server do it. I received the notification that an update was available when I logged in to check on something. That is how I do it normally. The system probably needed a reboot anyway. It is saturday and I am not in tech mode. I should know better. Big Smile

Guy

• We just did the update last night, going from 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 (skipped 4.6.2). The update seemed to go well, until we went and updated the backups software on the KServer itself.

Since the update required a reboot, I tried to initiate a reboot while RDP'd into the box. For some reason, the machine didn't reboot, but I lost my RDP session. I used VNC to get to the machine and got to a blank screen, as if the machine was in the process of rebooting, only it stayed there forever.

Oddly, the KServer was still up and running normally, allowing agents to check in, allowing me to log in, etc. After 10 hours of waiting, I went to the data center, but since I couldn't get to the machine's desktop (still showing the blank screen), I signed on from another box and shut down the KServer service from the System->Configure tab.

Once the service was stopped, I crossed my fingers and powered down the box. Fortunately, the box came back up fine and things seem to be okay. I still have my fingers crossed.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza