Kaseya Community

K Service "Stopping" - Not reponding, reboot needed.

• kserver stopping.png
    Occasionally, when logging in, normally first thing in the morning, Kaseya reports the service as being "stopped". If you try to start the Kaseya Service, it says "KServer Restarting - Please Wait" - But this never changes or updates.

When I log on to the server itself, I find the Kaseya Service is showing as "Stopping" and will not respond, all the start/restart options are 'greyed' out. The only way to solve this is a full reboot of the server.

The Application and Systemlogs show little in the way of errors or warnings, just the standard - "Kservice has Stopped / Started"

Any ideas why this is happening?

Also, our Kaseya server runs slow, especially the Ticketing section.We run 2 servers, 1 Front end and 1 DB server - Both are Daul 3.2Ghz, 4gb Ram, 360GB HDD machines, so more than capable of handeling Kaseya, there linked via a 100mb link.

Are there any troubleshooting tips or tricks for increasing the speed of Kaseya?

Legacy Forum Name: K Service "Stopping" - Not reponding, reboot needed.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Lee Weedon
  • Lee, this happened to our KServer once, when we had scheduled a patch to be applied that included a SQL Server patch. Normally, these are excluded, but what was happening was that the patch was being applied, which shut down the SQL Server, which in turn, made the KServer service unable to stay up.

Check for any patches that may have been scheduled on the KServer to see if that might be the culprit.

Also, just curious, how many client machines are on your system? You seem to have a robust hardware setup.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • There are approx 500 nodes connected to the Server.

Have totally disabled AutoUpdates and WSUS, but this morning still had the same issue?

Could this be related to the speed issue we have with ticketing? (see my other post)

• Something else must be afoot. We have over 700 clients installed on our single server (serving both KServer and the DB), yet we appear to not have any performance issues (knock on wood).

Your configuration sounds like it should be able to support many more clients before suffering speed issues.

• This is still an intermittant problem, is there no one else that gets this issue?

• Hi we have a very similar problem here and our servers are not under any major pressure at the time, also since the upgrade to 4.6.3 all of our pages take much longer to load and especially if it has more than ten agents being diplayed. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Legacy Posted By Username: graham lyle
  • We have this happen a few times each day. We have 1,800 clients connected to this server. The KServer service frequently stops and must be restarted. Forget running reports, especially during the day as it will lock up the entire system. Everything seems to take long to load.

Specs: Dell PowerEdge 2650 With Server 2003 Standard Edition and SQL 2000 both fully patched. 2 X 2.8 GHz Xeon, 4 GB RAM, Four 73 GB HDD in a RAID 5. The only thing this box does is run Kaseya.

What gives?

Legacy Posted By Username: RadicalSousa
  • Yikes! Sounds like you meet their suggested minimum configuration for the number of clients. What does support have to say about this?

• Well, it looks like I'm experiencing something vaguely similar to this. I posted yesterday that I noticed that the Kaseya service on our box stopped and restarted automatically for no apparent reason yesterday in the early morning.

When I checked the logs, I noticed that it had done this several times in the past few weeks.

This morning, when I signed into Kaseya, the page said that the Kaseya Server service was stopped. So, this time, it did not restart automatically as before.

No explanation or hints as to why this happened. I opened a ticket with support yesterday, so I hope something comes about. Not a good thing for sure.:X

• To those who have/are experiencing this problem with the Kaseya service stopping, do you see in the Application Event log of the Kaseya server errors related to SQL Server at the same time as when the service starts/stops? For example, I've noticed that on our box, there are two SQL Server errors that pop up when the service stops/restarts:

7:31:48 am 8-Sep-06
    Kaseya Server
    None
    N/A

Kaseya VSA managing desktops.

7:31:47 am 8-Sep-06
    MSSQLSERVER
    Server
    N/A

Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1 Configuration option 'priority boost' changed from 0 to 0. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

7:31:46 am 8-Sep-06
    MSSQLSERVER
    Server
    N/A

Error: 15457, Severity: 0, State: 1 Configuration option 'show advanced options' changed from 1 to 1. Run the RECONFIGURE statement to install.

7:31:42 am 8-Sep-06
    Kaseya Server
    None
    N/A

Kaseya Virtual System Administrator v4.6.3.2 started.

7:31:41 am 8-Sep-06
    Kaseya Server
    None
    N/A

Kaseya Server was Stopped.

I'm leaning heavily towards an issue with SQL Server as the culprit, but haven't pinned that down yet. Support is looking into this for us right now, but I thought I'd ask the folks who have seen this if the also see similar SQL Server errors.

Thanks.
    Vince

• Did any of you ever come up with a solution?

Legacy Posted By Username: rwitt
  • To resolve this we built a replacement server and setup a working enviroment, then migrated the data accross.

To get around the "stopping" service, you just need to taskmanager and end task on all Kaseya services. Then the service will stop and restart ok. But its working fine for us at the moment.