Kaseya Community

Share Scripts without having Master Role Permissions...

• ShareScript.jpg
    HiBig Smile

As we are now enabling Automatic Patching I would like to remove access to the patch approvals feature from anyone who doesnt need it.

However, If I take our development guys out of the Master admin role they cannot make scripts public to all administrators

Is it possible to allow a user to make scripts public without them being a Master?

Attached is a screenshot of what our development guys see when they want to share a script.

The left pic is without Master Role perms.

Any ideas appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Share Scripts without having Master Role Permissions...,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ocarrollc
  • ocarrollc,

What you have to do is make your Master Admin users part of the development group. Then when someone in the development group creates a script, they can share it with the development group. The Master Admins, since they are part of the Development group, can now see these scripts. You can do this with any group by the way. This allows you to finely control who sees what.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Thanks for your reply. What I actually need is for the Development group to be able to make scripts public or all Kaseya users to use.

I have since learned that with kaseya's current functionalityonly Masters are able to do this.

I've sent a mail to support@kaseya.com to see if they can add this in a later version.

cheers

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ocarrollc