Kaseya Community

VMware

• We are looking to move our whole Kaseya solution to VMware. Has anyone experimented with this? Can Kaseya officially say that their product works using virtualization?

Legacy Forum Name: VMware,
    Legacy Posted By Username: david.holliman
  • I will be doing this in the near future. So i will let you know how it goes.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • I'm currently running Kaseya in MS Virtual Server (not VMWare, but same in theory).

I don't have a problem with it.

The only thing I will say is don't install VNC on the host OS, use TS to remote to it if you need to. Once you install VNC, you can't open up the Virtual Server sessions in the Virtual Server Administration Website.

I don't know if you'll have the same problem with VMWare or not.

Regards,

John

Legacy Posted By Username: jedmonds
  • My company is currently testing Kaseya using GSX Vmware, on SUSE 9. The host is WIN2K3 server with 384 megs allocated to it. It is running ok at this time. of course this is is a beta test for us. When we go to production it will run on our beefed up server running ESX. Along with 2 other virtual host.

Most application run fine in Vmware. The one gotcha I have experienced in Vmware is databases. Depending how tuned and big your database is will dictate your performance. You can use Windows GSX but I would recommend using ESX server with the host and data base on separate physical partitions.

Harvey

Legacy Posted By Username: hlindsay
  • We have runa test with a virtual Kaseya server and a virtualSQL server in VMWare Server 1.0 and found no problems at all. In the production environment we will use ESX server 3.0 because of the performance benefits. The system goes life this friday. If we find any problems, we will post a new reply.

Legacy Posted By Username: willem.zwart.jr
  • I would like to thank all who replied to this post. We are very excited about virtualization and see a great future for it here in our company. We will begin our testing pretty soon and will keep everyone updated.

Thanks again.

Legacy Posted By Username: dholliman