Kaseya Community

Trend Reporting

• Is it possible to do some trend reporting?

This would be very usefull on Disk Uitilization and that kind of things.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Legacy Forum Name: Trend Reporting,
    Legacy Posted By Username: p.twisterling
  • no one experience with this?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: p.twisterling
  • I've looked at it very briefly, and I'm not overly impressed for what I want it for - but I didn't do my homework when 'trending' was listed. As far as I've discovered, Its short term averages only, I was looking to do trending towards "your server [memory/disk/cpu] utilisation has been growing consistently over the last 12 months, and you're due for an upgrade or new server in 18 months - better start to budget soyou don't get hit with a big bill".

However it looks like its going to be hard to do this, at least not without doing some hacking, but I haven't looked deep enough into it - its only been at discussion level so far.

(Again - I havent looked at this in detail - I could be completely off track)

Legacy Posted By Username: Anthony Michaud
  • I would like to add my voice to request a long-term trending report. The delta from baseline works, but not well.

It would be very helpful to be able to output a chart of disk space changes, CPU utilization, bandwidth utilization, etc that cover a period of months instead of minutes. This would be particularly useful for SNMP sets.

We offer a consulative piece with our service which trending reports could help with, but more importantly, we can use trending to demonstrate to the customer how our service has improved their network over time. (People seem to have such short memories. . .)

This reporting feature would allow me to complete the elimination ofone of Kaseya's competitors completely from my MSP service offering.

Legacy Posted By Username: bret
  • Add me to the list as well - nearly ALL of our clients want us to estimate future Server utilization, and the data that we're collecting from the Agents is perfect for this.

And if someone tells me to use Crystal to generate the reports from the software (Kaseya) that I've spent nearly $100k on one more time I will literally strangle them with their own intestines.

Legacy Posted By Username: CFT-Rick
  • According to the definition of "trending" it is used toproject thetime until the next counter threshold is reached , and is calculated from".. historical counter data to predict when ...."

So where is this historic data stored.

I've searched through various database tables but haven't managed to find the data

Can anyone help as I am going to resort to Crystal , and generate my old graphs.

Thanks Paul

Legacy Posted By Username: haakerp
  • I just export data to an excel s/sheet using odbc, not great but works well enough. then its just a case of sorting out what you want

Legacy Posted By Username: Ed Gillies
  • The historic data is stored in the database, not sure where though. Also it only stores the past 2500 datapoints. So if you check very frequently you will have less of a past trend.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Why in the WORLD would they restrict to the last 2500 datapoints? Instead, they should follow the option of how long to store logs for (which is already defined as a user-changeable item inside one of the menus, Agent I think).

This is ridiculous... pretty much all of us use SQL, which is designed for large databases.

• 2 ideas ... I think they should work ?

1)

Create a monitor set that checks free space on say logical drive C
    Set the threshold so it alarms if freespace is less than 100% (i.e. always)
    Set the alarm interval to say 7 days , or 1 month
    Make sure the "ignore alarms" interval is less than your alarm interval

So now you shouldget an entry in the monitor log which will have the %free for every machine this monitor set is assigned to , and can use Crystal or the Kaseya Monitor Report to produce trending graphs

2)

Use the same monitor set as above , or the sample base Server Performance monitor set , but this time enable trending.
    There is a standard Monitor Trending Report that goes someway to providing the type of graph I'm looking for.

Would still like to know which table in the database has the actual historic data though

Paul

Legacy Posted By Username: haakerp
  • These ideas are good ones - they show potential. I'll forward this to our DB guy (who is also our Kaseya dude) here and we'll see how it works. If we get something valuable we'll let you all know.

Obviously, the end goal is to get a rich Report Writer added to the Kaseya reporting system. This should end lots of these "band-aids and bubble-gum" approaches to getting service to our clients.