Kaseya Community

Using Radmin

• We, just today, used RAdmin for the first time in a remote control session. Is this fully - featured, no trial based? In other words, can we use it from now on if we wanted to? Or is there a fee for using the product, since typically RAdmin is not free, where as VNC is?

Legacy Forum Name: Using Radmin,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BCarder
  • On the Remote Cntr->Select Type function the following appears when you pick RAdmin from the type menu:

RAdmin is one of the fastest remote control packages available. The VSA automatically installs RAdmin on selected machines the first time you remote control that machine. The RAdmin packaged bundled with the VSA expires after 30 days. Obtain licenses from www.radmin.com

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • which license package would we need and how do we install the licenses?

• I'm still curious if anyone can tell me which package to purchase and how it ties into Kaseya. Anyone?

• We just purchased Radmin via Software House International. Their licensing is a bit weird from just looking at the paks....we needed 260 clients....well the 200licpak does 200-400 computers. So what SHI is telling me is that doing the volume deal lets me do up to 400. I didn't care all that much as it worked out cheaper that combining the others but I haven't looked that closely at their other bundles.

Legacy Posted By Username: brittonkerr
  • Can Kaseya tell us if they will be using Radmin 3.0 in the 4.6 release?
    • Multiple monitors support.
    • Special keystrokes handling (Alt-Tab, Windows key, etc).
    • Mouse wheel support.
    • Choice of F12 key support (global settings).
    • More options to send keys (Print Screen, …)
    • Fast launch of other connections (file transfer, chat, voice, telnet) from Remote Screen window without entering passwords again.
    • Server cursor support in two ways: replace local cursor and draw remote cursor with the screen updates.
    • Send ‘disable keyboard and mouse’ and ‘blank remote screen’ commands.
    • Support of fullscreen text mode on server.
    • Choice of font to be used to display full screen mode.
    • Remote printing support.
    We don't user RAdmin now but if its so much faster and doesn't user that VNCDaemon then we might be interested.

The VNC Daemon launches on your computer when it launches and runs in a terminal server it will only run once per server, not per session. If I open a client computer then one of our techs opens a computer it will open in my session unless of course I have closed the daemon. It has been quite a headache.

Nathan

Legacy Posted By Username: NathanMinor
  • No one has yet answered howthe licensing package of RAdmin ties into Kaseya if we buy it from the RAdmin website.

How does Kaseya know you own licenses?

Can someone clarify?

• It doesn't. It just deploys it. I have already replaced the viewer with the 3.0 beta and will do the same thing when the server piece is released. When I talked to the radmin people they said that it would be a drop in replacement(viewer was). I will know more when I actually try that next week (I'm in a class this week). I just got my license key today.

Legacy Posted By Username: brittonkerr
  • The 3.0 versionalso allows some nice security feature additions that VNC does not.

However, when is 3.0 supposed to be released?

It's been in beta for a long time now...

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • Hello All,

How do I apply my license key for RAdminto my Kaseya Server?

KB

Legacy Posted By Username: Kcbrownlee
  • Can anyone tell me how to replace the rAdmin 2.2 viewer with the 3.0?

Also, now that both 3.0 viewer and server are out, how can these be used from within Kaseya?

Legacy Posted By Username: dbkern
  • Can anyone tell me how to replace the rAdmin 2.2 viewer with the 3.0?

Also, now that both 3.0 viewer and server are out, how can these be used from within Kaseya?

• I am curious to know the steps for this as well...

How many did you purchase?

Did you contact RAdmin directly?

Do you need one for each Kaseya Admin who is going to use RADMIN or is it per agent machine with RAdmin installed?

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark.Knapp
  • I already have about 25 licences of ver 2.2 that I had purchased some time ago.
    I have upgraded the licenses to ver 3.0, this can be done at no charge.
    Any ver 1 or 2 can be upgraded to version 3.0. You get two version 3 licences for each ver 1/2 license.
    The new rAdmin viewer 3.0 is free and can be used on as many machines as you like. It will only work on server 3.0, not ver 1/2 clients.

Here is a copy of the email I received from Famatech

Dear Radmin User,
    Upgrade to Radmin 3.0 is now available. We suggest that all of our customers who are using Radmin 1.x or 2.x upgrade to Radmin 3.0.
    To perform an upgrade to Radmin 3.0 you need to get a new license for Radmin Server 3.0. Radmin Viewer 3.0 is free. If you want to make an upgrade to Radmin 3.0, please use our Upgrade Form:

http://www.famatech.com/support/upgrade/radmin30_upgrade_form.php

Please note that upgrade terms may depend on the purchase date and kind of license bought.
    After upgrading to Radmin 3.0 you need to accept the new license agreement, which states that you must not use your license key for Radmin 1.x or 2.x. However, the upgrade is not obligatory and our customers may continue using previous versions in compliance with their license agreement.

Sincerely,
    The Famatech Team