Kaseya Community

Feature Request: The ability to respond to a ticket via email and it append to the original ticket.

• I may be missing it, but I don't see a way that you can do this. What I want to happen is when you receive ticket information via email describing the ticket, I would like to have a way that you can respond to that email and it will append your email to the ticket as a new note. What seems to happen now is it creates a new ticket from you email. Is there a way to do this and I am missing it?

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Forum Name: Feature Request: The ability to respond to a ticket via email and it append to the original ticket.,
    Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Hi,

This is exactly how it should work. The key is once the ticket has been raised, go into the ticket and add a note. As long as you have 'Notify Ticket Submitter' ticked in the Notify Policy the user will get a reply, and in that reply will be an embedded ~TicId="5692" for example.

When you reply the Email Reader will find the tag and use that to match up the reply to the ticket.

Hope that makes sense?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber