Kaseya Community

Sync Kaseya Users with AD

• Does anybody know if there would be a way to sync the "users" in Kaseya with AD?

Maybe have some sort of sync agent on a local machine that would sync back to the Kaseya server. In the case of clients with no AD trees, sync the local machine User ID's.

Then you could pick User ID's that already exist and match them to the workstations. Their passwords would be set at the workstation/AD instead of having seperate User ID's and or Passwords to login to Kaseya.

This could also work locally for Administrators.

Of course, all this could be turned on and off.

Just trying to think of ways to keep my clients from having to remember 10 different passwords for the different systems they login to..

Legacy Forum Name: Sync Kaseya Users with AD,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rfouche
  • After the first initial logon a user can changetheir password to something more confortable right by right clicking the "K" in the System tray menu. Then selectcontact Administrator and then change logon this will allow that end user to change there logon password. So as far as knowing 10 passwords its not necessarily the case. There is an option for that user to change there password.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: T D Homa
  • True, however very few users are going to remember that when thier AD password expires and they have to change it, to change it everywhere. Otherwise what we run into is sticky notes with all the different passwords they have to use. Regardless if they have the ability to change it.

I ran into this on a large network (200+ servers, 5000+ desktops) at a company I worked for. We had about 4 majors systems, and 100's of smaller systems that all required passwords. We had quite a few of major systems syncing, which alleviated a mass of phone calls to the support desk.

The little apps were a story unto themselves.

Legacy Posted By Username: rfouche
  • The users do not need to logon to Kaseya, the way we are allowing access is using the kaseya agent to logon so that tickets can be raised/viewed. Using this method we are sure that each ticket raised is linked into one workstation. Makes it easier to track the problematic workstation.

Ed

Legacy Posted By Username: Ed Gillies
  • Integration with AD would be useful, if for nothing else than to provide much better admin/user password policies.

Unless AD integration is planned, Kaseya really needs to expand the password policy parameters to include the usual settings that AD and most application packages provide (min. length, complexity, aging, lockout parameters, etc.)

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • One of those I know is in place right now, due to inactivity atleast from an administrators login the accountcan be automatically disabled.

Legacy Posted By Username: T D Homa