Kaseya Community

folder backup failes but no email alert

• I posted this in someone's thread, but I received no response, so I'm starting a new thread.

I try to back up all client .pst files and it fails when the clients Outlook program is left open. But the logs show that kaseya fails at restoring it. My problem is that Kaseya never sends me an email to alert me that it failed. I have checked the options to make Kaseya email me alerts when any type of failure occurs in the [highlight= #ffff88]backup[/highlight] module, but I have NEVER received an email about the many failures I've had. Even when the .pst files are closed and the backup fails, I still do not receive any alerts.

Thanks,

Legacy Forum Name: folder backup failes but no email alert,
    Legacy Posted By Username: LibertyLabs
  • I would be curious to see the answer to this problem as well. If the pst file is not restorable and the kaseya logs show that the job was succeful , that seems not rigth to me as well. Let me know if you find an answer to this.

Also have you tried to image the computer instead of doing a folder backup.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • Seangoss, no I have not done an image. I don't want to do an image at all. Also, my case isn't that it fails and reports successfull, my case is that it fails, reports and shows in the logs that it fails, but it just does not send out an email alert saying that it failed. Even though I have the setting checked saying to send alert email when backup fails.

thanks,

• I understand now, Its just an email issue then. Sounds interesting, have you contacted kaseya support about this , sounds like something they could help with ?

Legacy Posted By Username: seangoss
  • Hi

Are you getting other emails from Kaseya?

hc

Legacy Posted By Username: howardc
  • Well I don't think it's an "email" issue because I do receive other email alerts from my kaseya server all the time. all the other alerts do their job as far as sending me emails. I even rebuilt my kaseya server about a month ago and all other alerts get sent as emails but this just never does and never has.

I suppose i'll have to contact their support.