Kaseya Community

Layout changing

• Goodevening(for me),

we are changing the colors, logo's etc to make it branded. However
    on the logon screen i see copyright by Kaseya. Where can i change that?

thanx

Casper Lammertink

NetherlandsSmile

Legacy Forum Name: Layout changing,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Casper Lammertink
  • The copyright of the product cannot be changed.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • but than a client or other ict company will see the name of the software.
    What is than the use of making it branded with you own logo etc.

I understand the copyright is of Kaseya, but it could be only on the system tab.?

casper

• I also agree, it puts me in an awkard situation with my clients as we are trying to show them more value add in dealing with us and this gives them an option to go direct after we have done all the work in educating them with the service we provide in using Kaseya.

Rommel

Legacy Posted By Username: rommel_betancourt
  • I understand that the Kaseya copyright and "Powered by Kaseya" needs to appear somewhere on each screen, but I thought it was supposed to be rather unobtrusive. Is there a FAQ somewhere explaining exactly where and how the Kaseya logo can and cannot be replaced? I figured out how to do it easily on the administrator console that I see, but not on the desktop streaming login page, for example.

Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • Assuming you are using the MSP verision you can change the header of the desktop streaming login page and the user access page. Look under "Customize the header on the logon page (both users and administrators) and the function list first seen by users after logon." the "Customize" option under the "System" tab. You can change the URL of the top frame, so I copied the "/access/defaultHeader.htm" page to "access/Omicronwaveheader.html" (or any other name) and altered the code to look how I wanted it. Since I am using the built-in interface to alter the web page I assume there is nothing wrong with what I did.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris_toppan
  • Imported Empty Post

Legacy Posted By Username: ViaTek
  • It would be nice to get a formal ruling doing that but if you are having to "hack" the Kaseya server to replace the file every few hours maybe Kaseya does not want you to change the mainFooter
    .html file.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris_toppan
  • Imported Empty Post

Legacy Posted By Username: ViaTek
  • Please be sure to read your license agreement to ensure you are not in violation of that agreement.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • It has been the feedback of many very successful MSP's that users do not really notice the 'Kaseya' copyright at the bottom, and that this 'copyright notice' is a very common model and does not imply that the MSP is not offering value to the customer (One MSP that made such a comment has over 200,000 clients under management).

Obviously Kaseya is a very powerful tool, but the service comes from you, and not from Kaseya, so the customer cannot go 'direct' to Kaseya. It is all the things that you do with the Kaseya system that makes your offering unique. Therefore the most important thing is to ensure you spend plenty of time setting up your system well and getting the most out of it - that is your value to your customer.

I do not recall a single instance of a customer coming direct to Kaseya after seeing the copyright, so I beleivethis is a case of worring about something that hasn't actually happened?

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • It was justa question and not the goal to make it a big discussion. However it seems to live among other MSP's.

Big Smile

But the question was rising at me, because we also want to give our IT partners access to parts of our Kaseya Framework to help our customers and for them it is possible to go and do the same. Esspecially for the bigger backup partners as they have more money to spend on research and development.
    They don't have access to all tabs, so if it would be somewhere on the system tab, no problem.

Does this make sense?

• If you are giving partners access to your customers through the system, then the customers are still your customers, why does it matter if your partner does buy Kaseya? As long as you are looking after your customer, they will want to conintue to be your customer?

We cannot realistically remove the copyright information, as then there would be nothing to protect our product. If you do not display a clear copyright as a software vendor, then it could be argued that you are not protected, and it would not be sensible for us to leave ourselves open to people copying our software.

I am seeking to make you feel better about it, as I think it is unlikely that it will be removed any time soon, but if you wish to petition our development team, then any customer can raise a ticket from the System->Request support function inside the product which will go directly into our support center.

Just put FEATURE REQUEST at the start of the summary line, and clearly explain in the request why you think this feature is important for your business. Our development team will get the request, and if enough people ask, perhaps they will find a solution.

That is the best I can suggest.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • I understand, but at this moment we can still be unique to other it companies by using kaseya Smile

And it was only a question, if it's possible to remove it.

thanx for your response, I will think about it if put a feature request, at this
    moment my backup it partners are little so don't see a problem yet.

• From my understanding you shouldn't really have to worry aboput your clients getting Kaseya over you. When I had the sit down meeting our rep advised us the Kaseya exclusively works with MSP offers so even though there could be a chance of them wanting to bypass you in the process Kaseya supports those that have supported them, or atleast that is how I was explained to end users by passing MSP's to use there s/w directly. Just some food for thought.

Legacy Posted By Username: T D Homa