Kaseya Community

Kserver Database Backup Problem

• I have attempted to change the DB backup location to a mapped drive. As of yet, nothing has been backed up to the folder. It has been 4 days. The period is set every morning at 7am.

Any Ideas why this will not work?

Legacy Forum Name: Kserver Database Backup Problem,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rx7kevin
  • IT could be that fact that the Kaseya server maybe trying to connect to the mapped drive when no-one has logged in to map the drive?

It could also be that because Kaseya is running as a system service it will not be able to authenticate to the mapping. Try setting up a mapping to a share that specifically has 'Anonymous' added to the security groups, as this come sometimes allow a sytem account to access a share.

Perhaps just dump the file locally, and then use the built in windows scheduler to copy the file to the mapped drive every night?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Ray,
    We tired you suggestions and get the following error when we schedule a backup. I have verified the network drive is connected and I can write a simple txt file.

Ran database maintenance. System database backup failed.
    Backup database - [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 3201: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'N:\ksubscribers_db_200608100847.BAK'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: david.holliman