Kaseya Community

Remote Control

• How can I see if one of my techs is in a location via VNC?

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Control,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rmills
  • Is this possible? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
  • I'm not sure if you mean tracing an admin remote controlling to a location, or when the admin is on a remote location physically and using VNC, so i'll try and cover both possabilities...

Firstly, you can use the Status Monitor . If you tick the 'List logged on administrators' boxit will show the IP address that they are currently logged in from, soyou can work out what site they are on by looking up the 'Connection Gateway' in the Audit->IP Infofunction.

Also under the System Tab->Admin History you can see if they have been doing remote control recently, just to get a quick overview.

You can then do a Log report (maybe on the group they are 'visiting' if it's onsite you refer to)using the Script log, and *vnc* as the script name filter, that will show you all the VNC sessions that have been started, and by which admin.

If you want to see what they are up to then you can use RAdmin to connect, as you can have an RAdmin session and a VNC session toone machine at the same time...

Hope this helps...

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • Thanks, this does give some insight. My only issue is that there are 2 of us who will be using the remote control feature and only VNC. There has been times were I am in a location and the other admin connects to that same location because he didn't know I was in it. In that circumstance is the log files the only way to see what agent we are connected to?

• I see what you mean. The logs are the only thing I can think of. Sounds like a sensible suggestion that we have some kind of indicator to show that a machine is already begin remote controlled. I'll suggest it...

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber