Kaseya Community

KES Application Conflict

• After installing KES, Went to Install the AV clients and they all were marked with the app conflict. We uninstalled all symantec products and validated that this file does not exist.(removed by uninstall).

Application Conflict (file 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe')

After uninstall and rebootthe system sill shows conflict. We re-ran an audit to update systems audit info. KES still sees a conflict. This might be accurate seeing the audit still shows the apps after "Latest Audit" was run. We then tried running a base audit with the same effect?

ccApp.exeSymantec User Sess...103.5.1.9Symantec Corporati...Client and Host Se...C:\Program Files\Common Files\...487527:52:30 pm 8-Apr-05
    ccEvtMgr.exeSymantec Event Man...103.5.1.9Symantec Corporati...Client and Host Se...C:\Program Files\Common Files\...1859687:52:32 pm 8-Apr-05
    ccLgView.exeSymantec Log Viewe...103.5.1.9Symantec Corporati...Client and Host Se...C:\Program Files\Common Files\...2489927:52:36 pm 8-Apr-05
    ccPwdSvc.exeSymantec Password ...103.5.1.9Symantec Corporati...Client and Host Se...C:\Program Files\Common Files\...835687:54:50 pm 8-Apr-05
    ccSetMgr.exeSymantec Settings ...103.5.1.9Symantec Corporati...Client and Host Se...C:\Program Files\Common Files\...1613927:54:52 pm 8-Apr-05

The add/remove programs with in the Audit tool also shows

LiveUpdate 2.6 (Symantec Corporation) and Symantec AntiVirus installed.

Might be able to go in to DB pluck out this data but I see that as a last resort.

Any ideas on how to updated this?

Legacy Forum Name: KES Application Conflict,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Cubert
  • You need to run a Baseline Audit to resolve the application conflict.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • Yea, we ran both after uninstall.. We are trying again..

Legacy Posted By Username: Cubert
  • You can also run the Reset Audit Cache script (in the sample scripts) before you run another Baseline Audit.

Legacy Posted By Username: cleach2637
  • The clear cache/baseline audit trick works after you are sure you removed all traces (the security tab/install will show the offending file).

I am sure this is just temporary workaround until they have coded a cleaner approach.

-Farzon

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • It's a very annoying aspect to KES right now. By basing it on the general audit info, if it even finds an offending file, it blocks KES installation.

On at least one machine, there was simply an old directory with executables from Trend Micro. It had been copied from another machine but was not active at all in memory. It would be preferable if KES offered the administrators an "override" function so that we can decide if we're worried about the conflict or not.

Also, if actually reported an incorrect location. On one machine, it said "F:\desktop..." when in reality the offending file was in "C:\program files..." Not sure what that was about.

And the original issue that Cubert brought needs to be simplified so that it's not so many extra steps to convince KES to run the installation.

Interestingly enough, it doesn't find a conflict if AVG already exists. Yet if failed to install properly until we manually removed AVG 7.5 from Add/Remove programs...

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I also had the exact same problems (only I found through my own testing that a baseline audit worked). I had AVG installed on my machine. It tried to install the KES version, installed, but wouldn't update and eventually timed out.I uninstalled KES, rebooted the machine, and then reinstalled KES and it installed just fine. However, when I did the uninstall, it REMOVED my AVG AntiRootkit Free without asking or telling me. It left it in the Add/Remove Programs list and left the links but it just plain didn't exist anymore. Not good.

Legacy Posted By Username: warever
  • I have learned that if you EVER had an AVG eval installed on a machine DO NOT use that one for testing KES. The install fails due to a licensing issue and you are then unable to even unistall and recover the license. Currently I have two machines/licenses I can use for testing and three systems holding licenses that won't work.

Legacy Posted By Username: karode
  • karode wrote:
    I have learned that if you EVER had an AVG eval installed on a machine DO NOT use that one for testing KES. The install fails due to a licensing issue and you are then unable to even unistall and recover the license. Currently I have two machines/licenses I can use for testing and three systems holding licenses that won't work.

Yeah, there does seem to be A LOT of problems with un-install of KES (on client machines)at this time. I am sure they will fix it. Hopefully soon.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • The following article has been posted in the Knowledge Base:

http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=2495&forum_id=56

The hot fix provides an override for the AV detection message.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • This is an ancient thread , but still an issue. I am unable to cleanly determine what machines have Symantec removed. I have ran the reset audit cache and followed with a baseline audit. I am still seeing the same conflicts in the Security Install/Remove page. I have already run a Symantec removal script and when I remote control machines, I am not seeing Live Update or Symantec in Add/Remove.

I would hope this is fixed in the new Kaseya update, whether it's KES 2.3 or whatever. For all of us to be able to on-board new clients and work with whatever configurations, we need to be able to gather data quickly and correctly.

I almost need a "Gather new system audit information"...or some way to at least clear what is in Kaseya instantaneously. Running a script...then running an audit...not knowing when it will update or will it be accurate...is time consuming and it's not working for me :(

[edited by: Dantheman at 10:47 AM (GMT -7) on 6-18-2012] halp
  • Still an issue in 2017 .... !!!!