Kaseya Community

New 4.7 features and fixes

• I'm a logged in user (member) but cannot view the contents under the link: http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1674&forum_id=37
    Any clues?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Bert Haver
  • Bert Haver wrote:
    I'm a logged in user (member) but cannot view the contents under the link: http://www.kaseya.com/kforum/view_topic.php?id=1674&forum_id=37
    Any clues?

It works for me.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Kaseya_4.7_Pre-Release_Announcement.pdf
    Here is the PDF.

God Bless,

Marty

Legacy Posted By Username: MissingLink
  • Did anyone else notice the most glaring missing piece in the pre-release? Anti-Virus/Spyware is not mentioned at all. I was under the impression that integrated Security was to be released with 4.7.

Legacy Posted By Username: vplaza
  • vplaza wrote:
    Did anyone else notice the most glaring missing piece in the pre-release? Anti-Virus/Spyware is not mentioned at all. I was under the impression that integrated Security was to be released with 4.7.

I only heard rumors on that. All my inside contacts havn't even hinted at that.

• I would have counted them as rumors as well, had I not heard it from Jim Alves himself. Additionally, my rep had mentioned things such as the "Kaseya Security Module", KSM, in the same vein as BUDR licenses.

And even more telling was mention of a promotion where they were giving breaks to purchasers of the standard MSE licenses for the KSM licenses.

Soto me,it seemed more than rumors in the past month.

• Wow, I would say that is creditable info. Interesting and exciting.

I hope they don't use a crap AV vendor. Most of what is out there is complete crap.

• The thing I fear is that these things may have been said while negotiations with the AV vendor was still going on and not completed, and something broke down to prevent it from happening.

Things happen, so it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that what they were hoping would work just isn't going to pan out, but I know that this is one feature that we were very excited about. The unoffical word was that the engine to be used was the same one used by F-Secure, which we thought was a decent product.

But, it would be nice if some official word came out about whether or not it is coming so that we can make plans accordingly.

• The Kaseya Security Module (anti-virus, anti-spyware) will be an add on module just like BUDR is. It is not included in the 4.7 announcement because it is not part of the base framework. KSM will be released separately in early Q1.

Legacy Posted By Username: Mark Sutherland
  • The AV / Anti-Spy feature you are talking about will be a separate add-on module. We are still getting the details of the annoucement finalized and will put out a separate pre-release announcement shortly.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • That is good news. Thanks for the quick response.

• We are in the process of evaluating AV/AS vendors right now to replace AVG with something else. F-Secure, Kaspersky, NOD32, and a few others are on our short list. But if the KSM isreally going to happen, we will hold off on our evaluation process.

If it is going to drag on for months, then we probably need to continue our evaluation process.

Any realistic date for announcement and/or availability for the KSM? We're very eager to hear more.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • Ha! I am in the process of dumping F-Secure and was seriously considering AVG. I'm in the same boat -- needing to find a better solution ASAP and dying to find out what's going to happen with Kaseya. Hope they tell us real soon.

Legacy Posted By Username: David_Schrag
  • In all of our testing Kaspersky blew away the competitiion. We talked to them but they wanted a commiment of 100,000 licenses.

• David,

What is causing you to dump F-Secure?

We want to dump AVG for three main reasons:

1) Their admin console is awful. Confusing, not conducive to MSPs, and not efficient to manage.

2) Their newly added anti-spyware (AS)component has made it perform much slower than previous versions

3)The increased price (with AS) puts it in the same range (or higher) as the rest of the AV/AS crowd, so considering the performance, admin console, overall detection rates, and response times, it doesn't seem like such a great value any longer.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu