Kaseya Community

"you are not authorized to view this page" error

• Periodically,

I will receive the error when I try to go to the web interface. It says you are not authorized to view this page. I haven't been able to pinpoint the problem, but if I reboot the box, it will work again.

Any ideas?

Dan Eagan

Legacy Forum Name: "you are not authorized to view this page" error,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DEagan
  • Are you always on the same network when this happens?

Are you sometimes accessing the pages via Proxy?

Are there any authentication rules set up on your IIS server?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • It is onANY network we try to access the page from.

No we are not accessing by Proxy.

No authentication rules on IIS Server.

It seems to happen after the backup runs.

Any help is appreciated.

Dan Eagan

• What OS are you running on the server?

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • Windows 2003 Server - Enterprise Edition

It just happened about an hour ago. The backup is not set to run for another 7 hours or so. However, I have checked the Kaseya log since the last good time I was on the web interface and I noticed this, any ideas:

Tue Jan 18 21:36:22 2005: Kaseya Virtual System Administrator v4.3.0.0 started.
    Tue Jan 18 21:36:40 2005: Error 0x00000080 (128) occurred during service startup while reapplying IIS metabase settings and NT file permissions.
    Tue Jan 18 21:36:41 2005: Kaseya Server has set up 1 shared database connection in pool #0.
    Tue Jan 18 21:36:41 2005: Kaseya Server has set up 1 shared database connection in pool #1.

• Was there any entries in the windows event logs around the same time?

• Yeah we have/are checking the event logs / IIS logs / and Kaseya Logs and have had little luck. Seems like one of those fluke problems that is difficult to pinpoint.

• Yes, thats a tricky one. I know it sounds like a bit of a cop-out, but given the detail this is an IIS issue rather than a Kaseya issue.

Perhaps drop some other non-Kaseya pages onto IIS and make sure you get the same effect with them (given that you go to those pages as often as you do the Kaseya login page).

Create a shortcut on your desktop to the other pages and just try them regularly to see if they have issues too.

If it was me, I would backup Kaseya (don't forget to write down your license code), reinstall the box to a clean OSinstall, stick all the OS updates onto it, download and install latest Kaseya versionoff the Kaseya site and thenrestore from the Kaseya backup.

By reinstalling the box, at least it will reset all the IIS settings back to default, which works just great with Kaseya.

If your still having issues after that, at least you've then ruled out, Kaseya, IIS and the box! Wink

• Dan, just a stab. On the performance tab of the default web site properties, is there a limit on the web site connections?

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves