Kaseya Community

Web Error Messages for Login Page

• Here is the message I get when I browse to the main login page:

style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana; COLOR: #000000"There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be displayed.

style="FONT: 8pt/11pt verdana; COLOR: #000000"
    StarError Type:
    Microsoft JScript runtime (0x-7ff5ffba)
    Permission denied
    /access/logon.asp, line 303

StarBrowser Type:
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)

StarTime:
    Saturday, January 08, 2005 9:32:56 PM]
    Microsoft JScript runtime
    error '800a0046'
    Permission denied
    /Errors/logAspError.asp, line 234
    [/list]

Legacy Forum Name: Web Error Messages for Login Page,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rx7kevin
  • Kevin:

Need a little more information about the installation. What else is on the server? Also, Kaseya needs to be the default Web site.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • I ran the IIS Lockdown tool and the Baseline Security Analyzer. One of the objec ts was to change the Local Security Policy for ASP. I changed it back and rebooted.

The web page does load. The left and top frame load, but the main screen showsthe errormessage.

• The cause of error 800A0046 is likely to be read-only permissions on some aspect of your server. This is a runtime error so the syntax is probably o.k.

Check the permissions on your Kaseya Server directory structure - c:\kaseya\webpages needs to be Everyone - Full Control. Make sure that these permissions are copied to all child objects.

Check that the Kaseya Server service is running as LocalSystem.

Legacy Posted By Username: jnuttall
  • I am getting the same message after changing the permissions on the webpages folder and verified the service running as local service.

Any Ideas?

• I have attempted to reinstall the kaseya server. I recieved this error.

Please wait while the database configuration completes...

Microsoft JScript runtime error '800a0046'
    Permission denied
    D:\KASEYA\WEBPAGES\LOCALAUTH\../inc/applySchema.inc, line 48

• I reinstalled. Login page comes up. I removed Anonymous web users (denied write permissions) from the security list.

Whan I logged in I recieved this pop-up error:

The background processing system generated an error. This failure prevents email alerts and System Info collection.

Send error information to support@kaseya.com

There are 0 alerts waiting to be processed by the background task. One these alerts may be causing the error. Clearing pending alerts may remove the error the next time processing

• On the Kaseya server enter the following URL, this will show you the reason for the background processing error: (please pay attention to the case - the capitals are deliberate)

http://localhost/localauth/emailnotify.asp?pwe=fireEmailNotify

You will either see a blank page if all is well, or an error message explaining the reason for the error message.

All these error messages relate to permissions, is Kaseya sitting on an out-of-the-box install of Windows, or have any permissions been changed, possibly as part of the build process?

Legacy Posted By Username: jnuttall
  • So, I'm getting the feeling that we shouldn't let the IIS Lockdown tool go off on its own on a Kaseya server?

I was just considering doing exactly that, but that had a second thought and did a search here first.

Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean