Kaseya Community

Reporting

• Hi all:

We want to be able to provide good reporting to our customers at the end of each month, and also after an initial network audit. The executive Summary report inside of Kaseya has been sufficient until now, we want to customize it more for a network audit and haven't been able to. We don't want to give a customer several different reports. We are considering using a third party reporting solution like Crystal Reports.

Are any of you using third party reporting software? We would like to move forward with this and would greatly appreciate input from anyone who has experience with this, or making the reports inside Kaseya work well for that matter.

Thanks for your time!

• The cats in our sales dept use Crystal Reports to gen some nice stuff... I'm not sure how they do it as ME and CR are mortal enemies.

• Thanks for the reply. Does anyone have advice on where to get started using Crystal Reports or another reporting application?

• Hi there,

Im also looking around for a better way to make nicer reports. Do you implemented Crystal Reports already? How does it work, can maybe other people give us a good answer?

• Hopefully this isn't too useless, but Crystal is "easy" to use.

You need:

- Crystal reports (8.5 or higher i think) installed

- Read access to the KServers SQL database (or its views)

> Run Crystal

> Setup you connection to the database

> you can drag and drop database values into the reports to get info you want.

What i'm pretty sure wont happen, is that your reports won't be handled by Kaseya, you will have to automate sending them out to customers.

Look at any Crystal reports "how to" online and apply the same to Kaseya.

...That post was sort of useless wasn't it.

• I have done ALOT of this in our setup to do exactly what you have asked about.    At this stage we run a report for each client once a month which pulls out all sorts of information in a nice branded documents, this gets PDF'd etc.

you dont need crystal reports if you are using the full version of SQL.  The SQL reporting services are a direct competitor to Crystal and have some very nice results.  I strongly recommend using the latest version of SQL (2008 R2) as there are some really nice features in the latest version, specifically export to word/PDF.  Crystal can be expensive so this is good option.

• I have given up on crystal, it was working but i dont like the look of it all.

Would you mind posting the SQL behind even one of your more obscure reports to give me something to look at and analyse.

My problem in particular at the moment is, Kaseya has good data coming out of patch management for example. I setup a report in Kaseya, click RUN REPORT > PATCH MANAGEMENT, i would LOVE to know the sql that goes on behind the scenes, so i can use the SQL and make my own reports that look pretty. Would you know where that sort of stuff happens? Or are you able to post the SQL behind 1 or 2 of your reports so i know exactly what tables to start looking at

I dug into the db views and it still doesn't look comprehensive enough.

thanks for the reply btw, i thought this thread was dead.

• have you really taken a good look at the dbviews?  Most of what I need comes from there and they really are quite well put together.  I think I have only written one custom view and that was to modify an existing view that had an annoying limitation.  I have one main SQL query that joins together a bunch of views to get the info I want.  This is a report that generates a bunch of info machine by machine.  I then group it into clients and generate a report.

NOTE: this ONLY covers servers.  This is why there is  "(vMachine.OsType <> '7') AND (vMachine.OsType <> 'XP')"

SELECT        vSystemInfo.groupName, vSystemInfo.machName, vSystemInfo.[System Version], vSystemInfo.SystemUptime, vSystemInfo.BuildDate, vSystemInfo.[AV Client],

vSystemInfo.[Exchange Version], vSystemInfo.[OS SP], vSystemInfo.[Product Name], vSystemInfo.Manufacturer, vSystemInfo.[Chassis Manufacturer],

vMachine.OsInfo, vMachine.MajorVersion, vMachine.MinorVersion, vMachine.OsType, vCurrCpuInfo.TotalRam, vSystemInfo.[App-LogMeIn], vSystemInfo.RaidStatus,

vMachine.ConnectionGatewayIp

FROM            vSystemInfo INNER JOIN

vCurrDiskInfo AS vCurrDiskInfo_1 ON vSystemInfo.agentGuid = vCurrDiskInfo_1.agentGuid INNER JOIN

vMachine ON vSystemInfo.agentGuid = vMachine.agentGuid INNER JOIN

vCurrCpuInfo ON vSystemInfo.agentGuid = vCurrCpuInfo.agentGuid

WHERE        (vSystemInfo.groupName = @Client) AND (vCurrDiskInfo_1.DriveLetter = 'C') AND (vMachine.OsType <> '7') AND (vMachine.OsType <> 'XP')

ORDER BY vSystemInfo.machName

I also have a bunch of scripts populating the custom fields on each machine with stuff that Kaseya doesnt collect by default.  (eg Hard Disk RAID status)