Kaseya Community

Looking into ConnectWise as the new ticketing system - any feedback?

• Hello All:

I have been researching and looking into a more viable ticketing system and so far ConnectWise have been the most feature rich and good alternative to Kaseya Ticketing system.

What are some others here using for their Ticketing Solution? I thought about jumping the Sharepoint Route and getting all the modules available to make one but I see it more work than anything else.

I'm more concerned about the functionality of tracking Service Requests, Reporting, Billing (Quickbooks Integration), and if possible Asset/Serial tracking but I know this may be a far fetched request to be included.

So, let me hear what you guys are using in-house....

thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: Looking into ConnectWise as the new ticketing system - any feedback?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JeffD
  • Good afternoon,

ConnectWise is an excellent ticketing companion to Kaseya. It'll also handle your time management, project management, sales management, inventory, QB Integration, and quite a few other things. Basically, Its a no brainer.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Definitely worth it. Don't waste time looking at other options and just get ConnectWise.

Legacy Posted By Username: runnetworks
  • We have used CW for about 5 years now.

The Ticketing is very powerful and the rest of the application will bring great improvements to your business.

CW is in business to support IT shops. They originally built it to support their own IT shop and of course now their own IT shop is a far back-drop...

I demo'ed the product when they had about 10 customers. We signed on when they had under 300. Now, they are in the several thousand....

Not sure about now, but at the time, there was nothing else that could even come close to comparing with features/price.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • Yeah we use CW also.

Good product although its downfall is that it is not a professional helpdesk system in the sense that it does not do escalation and management of priorities / no dynamic queuing etc.. Lacks really good dashboards for ticketing.

We ended up building our own dashboard using SRSS.

Great product but these let is down....

Also project feature needs some serious love -great idea but it has been left out in the cold for the past nearly 2 years.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Me and my techs really like CW as a ticketing we have yet to transission the sales/accting staffers over... they still prefer QB... and for what it's worth QB does have a "ticketing system" but it's really not meant for the IT industry...

I do agree with mmartin, the project feature is a gerat idea but still has a way to go before I could call it functional... though it is usable... think of it as a flat tire... you can drive on it but it's pretty much useless...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I've used my share of ticketing systems - NAH, Access DBs, Filemaker Pro DBs, Salesforce, N-able, and now ConnectWise. Each had it's faults.

I've found CW to be easy to use and fairly quick to pick up, even for people who haven't used a ticketing system before.

I dislike the inability to easily search for a ticket in the resolution field, but that's a personal quirk as you can force all resolutions into the knowledgebase section anyway.

Legacy Posted By Username: skleine
  • skleine
    I've used my share of ticketing systems - NAH, Access DBs, Filemaker Pro DBs, Salesforce, N-able, and now ConnectWise. Each had it's faults.

I've found CW to be easy to use and fairly quick to pick up, even for people who haven't used a ticketing system before.

I dislike the inability to easily search for a ticket in the resolution field, but that's a personal quirk as you can force all resolutions into the knowledgebase section anyway.

I agree about the not being able to search the resolution field, and i've been told that it would be available in a "future release".

• thirteentwenty
    I agree about the not being able to search the resolution field, and i've been told that it would be available in a "future release".

I've heard that too - seeing is believing. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: skleine
  • What are tht thoughts on Kaseya SD? Anybody like or use that product?

Legacy Posted By Username: csellers
  • Thanks Guys!

Very helpful insights so we just signed up for their hosted solution and will pilot it for a while then if we really find it helpful to the business we may switch to purchase in-house option.

For us we opted for cloud since it's moderately priced $300+/mo for 5 seats and dont have to worry about anything.

Are all you guys in-house purchase option or cloud?

Legacy Posted By Username: JeffD
  • We're in house, but concidering going with the hosted solution as our sales staff still refeuses to use CW....

• p.gif
    asdfsdadfsdafsdafasfasfas

Legacy Posted By Username: kaseya