Kaseya Community

Forum: what are you playing at?

• Come on Kaseya - sort out what you are doing about a forum!

Your notice states this forum is read-only as of, what a month ago now. Funny, how come I've just created a new thread? Why can you not even take the time to update your notice?

Ignoring the fact the new forum is naff (although it might appeal to nursery age kids) it doesn't work. I've just started getting email updates to posts I've never even looked at let alone subscribed to. Try to ask what's happening on the new "forum" and I can't post.

I'd have though Kaseya have got far more serious software issues to address to be wasting times on another new piece of eye-candy that doesn't work properly.

Legacy Forum Name: Forum: what are you playing at?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: regisit
  • I really wish they would go back to this forum, I personally can't stand the new one. I visit it every day hoping it will grow on me, but it ain't happening.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • I could not agree more. I tried really hard to use the new one but I can't stand it.

I almost gave up on kaseya having forums until I logged here, to look something up and found new posts

Please! Kaseya can we have this forum back

Legacy Posted By Username: jcourtney
  • The new forum is a total P.O.S. Not only is it devoid of any relevant or helpful information, it's GUI looks like it was designed by a toddler. This forum contains far more useful information for us Kaseya Admins. Scrap the new forum that doesn't work and give us this one back!Confused

Legacy Posted By Username: cdillihunt
  • I agree. Every company that tries to get nifty and use some new forum style rather than the tried and true fails miserably.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • Oh, and by the way.... I used to visit almost every day, now it is just a pain.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • I'm with you guys. The new forum is the balls!

I dont even use it / go to it any more...its just terrible.

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • The new forum- I have not visited in weeks. I can not post anything there.
    I sent requests to our rep and others about why Can I not post there.
    The only thing I receive from them is silence- think Crickets.

I just re logged in here- I love this forum so much better.

Legacy Posted By Username: jim@bitvision.com
  • got to agree bring back the old forum.

the new one is just so off the mark.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • also why if you click the link on their homepage for forums do they link to this if it is dead.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • +1 to bringing back this forum i used to check every day.
    i have logged into the new one once and found it useless

Legacy Posted By Username: dberry.cts
  • Hi Everyone,

I am very sorry to hear about your discontent with the new community. We are working hard to make it more usable and to make finding good information easier.

Some of the changes about to take place include:
    - combining Service Provider and IT Dept forums so that they are all in one place, like they are here.
    - combining product groups.
    - repairing email notifications, subscriptions
    - Migration of this forum content, which requires these forums to become read-only finally.

What I would like to do is setup a Go-To-Meeting with as many of you on this thread would like to join to discuss more specifics about how I can help make the new community more useful for you.

Please email me with your time zone and desired time of day for this meeting. brendan.cosgrove@kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: brendan.cosgrove
  • Hi Brendan,

Whilst I commend you for asking for community input, it is a bit late isn't it? Where was the request for our input BEFORE its implementation? Does this mean we get a choice of forum now?

I am astounded that after witnessing the monumental customer relations flop that the new portal has been, you are still commited to decommissioning this forum? Do you know how hard we fought to get this forum over the last one kaseya had?

The existing forum is running on vBulletin, one of the best and most widely adopted pieces of community software available for its purpose...why not upgrade that? This way you can add the content you want, and easily keep the existing forum information.

Feedback?

1. 600 pixes wide....are you serious? Do you realise how painful it is to read that?

2. Question and Answer format! Just dreadful. Is this....Yahoo Answers?

3. The whole place is confusing. Which forum am I spposed to post in? Where have all the categories gone? Lets pick one...Reporting? I can't even post feedback as there is no GENERAL category.

4. I cant post code...only text! This can be very problematic when copy/pasting code?

Joshua Niland

• jim@bitvision.com
    The new forum- I have not visited in weeks. I can not post anything there.
    I sent requests to our rep and others about why Can I not post there.
    The only thing I receive from them is silence- think Crickets.

I just re logged in here- I love this forum so much better.

I now cannot post there either.

• XeviouS
    Hi Brendan,

Whilst I commend you for asking for community input, it is a bit late isn't it? Where was the request for our input BEFORE its implementation? Does this mean we get a choice of forum now?

I am astounded that after witnessing the monumental customer relations flop that the new portal has been, you are still commited to decommissioning this forum? Do you know how hard we fought to get this forum over the last one kaseya had?

The existing forum is running on vBulletin, one of the best and most widely adopted pieces of community software available for its purpose...why not upgrade that? This way you can add the content you want, and easily keep the existing forum information.

Feedback?

1. 600 pixes wide....are you serious? Do you realise how painful it is to read that?

2. Question and Answer format! Just dreadful. Is this....Yahoo Answers?

3. The whole place is confusing. Which forum am I spposed to post in? Where have all the categories gone? Lets pick one...Reporting? I can't even post feedback as there is no GENERAL category.

4. I cant post code...only text! This can be very problematic when copy/pasting code?

Joshua Niland

I can only address one bit of the above post, and agree with the rest...

To post code go to "Use Rich Formatting" you'll see that you can post some "code" there though you are bound to HTML only...

XeviouS
    I now cannot post there either.

Posting there is a pain. you have to subscribe first... if you've done that alread, I'm sorry I can't be of more assistance...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty