Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6.0.1.0 update question

• Hi,

After updating to Kaseya 6.0.1.0 as the suggestion from our Kaseya sales rep (from 6.0.0.0) I've noticed that I can no longer access the old style agent tab view (with System Info, Remote Access, etc) by holding ALT when clicking on the circle icon for the agent. This shortcut into the older view was the one thing that made K2 palatable to me.

This is a problem as so far I'm not impressed with Live Connect and instead have been using the old remote control this way. It appears this now brings up the Live Connect in "limited mode" instead of the previous behavior.

I realize I can likely still get to it through the remote control section of the program however this shortcut will be sorely missed and there must be a way to change this behavior.

Anything I'm missing here?

Nathan

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 6.0.1.0 update question,
    Legacy Posted By Username: oitcomputing
  • God I hope this isn't true. I've been meaning to open a ticket to see if we can switch the alt click to open live connect instead of click. Other than the command shell and rare use of the registry editor I really have no need for it.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • Because of the change in the Audit tab to the new VSA framework, my guess is that the old view when using ALT+click is gone, and there's no way to access it.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • I've already had requests from our helpdesk techs to "downgrade". This is an awful "upgrade" since a critical feature has been removed. We actually had no plans to upgrade to K2 until our sales rep addressed our concerns by telling us about this ALT-click.

I suggest avoiding 6.0.1.0 until Kaseya addresses this. Live Connect isn't for everyone and no longer having a way around it will cost us productivity.

Legacy Posted By Username: oitcomputing