Kaseya Community

Remote Control: Printing, VNC flavors, and RDP

• Ok, I'm a little frustrated here, so maybe more experienced users can give me some guidance. I'm trying to come up with a remote control solution/methodology whereby a technician can remote to a user's computer - into their current user session, and have remote printing capabilities. Here is what I've found so far:

1) Remote Desktop isn't an option in this implementation, due to the XP one session limit and Kaseya's localhost port relay.
    2) VNC doesn't do it.
    3) RealVNC personal *does* do it, and purchasing licenses for users who need this ability is definitely an option, but I don't see any way to add another remote control option into Kaseya.

Am I missing something?

Legacy Forum Name: Remote Control: Printing, VNC flavors, and RDP,
    Legacy Posted By Username: BryanC
  • BryanC
    Ok, I'm a little frustrated here, so maybe more experienced users can give me some guidance. I'm trying to come up with a remote control solution/methodology whereby a technician can remote to a user's computer - into their current user session, and have remote printing capabilities. Here is what I've found so far:

1) Remote Desktop isn't an option in this implementation, due to the XP one session limit and Kaseya's localhost port relay.
    2) VNC doesn't do it.
    3) RealVNC personal *does* do it, and purchasing licenses for users who need this ability is definitely an option, but I don't see any way to add another remote control option into Kaseya.

Am I missing something?

The K-VNC option in Kaseya is RealVNC, so you might be OK there.

Andrwe

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • Ooh! It appears that I was indeed missing something! I enabled the printing option and go figure - it works!

Thanks, Andrew!

• How did yu enable the printing option?

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • So, I have a follow-up question here. Is there a method to automatically install the printer driver when K-VNC is installed?