Kaseya Community

Lots of service timeouts for Kaseya Agent

• Apparently the problems is caused by the File access driver, but there is still no fix as of yet. I will post as soon as I do get a fix.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ChristiaanO
  • ChristiaanO
    Apparently the problems is caused by the File access driver, but there is still no fix as of yet. I will post as soon as I do get a fix.

Anyone have any updates on this? Would be nice to get this fixed. Even have some systems that appear offline when the users ARE online and we can't get to them remotely. Reboot by the user fixes it, but that's not a good solution.

Legacy Posted By Username: DiPersiaTech
  • any update's here ?

Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Hi

I got a new agent version yesterday 6.0.0.4 which according to Kaseya "could resolve the issue".

I am still in the process of updating all my agents so I don't know if this has worked yet. Kaseya has updated my files with the new agent, but you should be able to get the agent files at http://download.kaseya.co.uk/agents/windows/kaseyawinagent_v6.zip

Thanks

• ChristiaanO
    Hi

I got a new agent version yesterday 6.0.0.4 which according to Kaseya "could resolve the issue".

I am still in the process of updating all my agents so I don't know if this has worked yet. Kaseya has updated my files with the new agent, but you should be able to get the agent files at http://download.kaseya.co.uk/agents/windows/kaseyawinagent_v6.zip

Thanks

Well, that's either the wrong link, or it's a bad agent version and they pulled it.

• Guess we still don't have a fix, eh? Has anyone reported this to support?

• With the latest agent version (6.0.0.5) the agents still goes offline, but at least I can restart the service without restarting the machine. I do have an open support request (80+ days old).

• ChristiaanO
    With the latest agent version (6.0.0.5) the agents still goes offline, but at least I can restart the service without restarting the machine. I do have an open support request (80+ days old).

And where do we find this latest version? Wish K would post this information since we're paying support. Would also be nice if they had a change log to detail fixes and such in each version.

• DiPersiaTech
    And where do we find this latest version? Wish K would post this information since we're paying support. Would also be nice if they had a change log to detail fixes and such in each version.

I asked them for exactly that at the Sydney kaseya User Group meeting. They pointed me to the Announcements Section of these forums for up-to-date info.

Like me however, I don't think you will find what you are looking for there.

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • Kaseya support installed the agent, but I suspect you can download it at http://download.kaseya.co.uk/agents/windows/kaseyawinagent_v6.zip

• ChristiaanO
    Kaseya support installed the agent, but I suspect you can download it at http://download.kaseya.co.uk/agents/windows/kaseyawinagent_v6.zip

I downloaded that two days ago. Unless they're not updating the version number on the executible, this looks like the 603 agent.

• Hi;

Just want to compare the symptoms. I’m getting the following;
    Kaseya K2 agent randomly on mostly random systems will go offline when the computer is up and internet connection is up.

The agent service status will show as running, restarting the agent service will end around ¾ during the stopping phase indicating that the service could not be stopped due to a timeout. I then see that the agent service has stopped as the status is blank I can then start the service and the agent comes online again.

I found this issue with both the 6.0.0.1 and 6.0.0.3 agent versions and as we only really check online status on servers as far as I can tell it will happen to any of the server version (Windows 2003 and 2008 both SBS and Server). Some servers have Antivirus it can range from AVG, NOD32 and Symantec EPS. Some have the Protection Driver and most don’t.

I have a ticket logged with support but the guy is talking about reapplying the DB Schema which does not make sense as the issue is agent based. Also it appears that before each one of these outages I get the following Eventlog entry:

Log Name: Application
    Source: AgentMon.exe
    Date: 7/6/2010 3:32:49 PM
    Event ID: 0
    Task Category: None
    Level: Information
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER.(Removed).local
    Description:
    The description for Event ID 0 from source AgentMon.exe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

INFORMATIONAL Version=4.0 TID=4428 Content=Stats Exception
    StatsLogException : Stats:
    Client Bytes Received: 104878803
    Client Bytes Sent: 1042267
    Relay Bytes Received: 1708728
    Relay Bytes Sent: 107744904

Session 939422400
    Client Bytes Received: 104878803
    Client Bytes Sent: 1042267

P2PStats
    RlyConnMs 2698
    RlyOK 1
    StunPriMs 374
    StunPriOK 1
    UdtConnMs 0
    Disc RelayConnectionFail
    FirewallState Fail
    LocalIp 192.168.1.2
    P2PFail UdtConnectFail
    P2PPubPriv Relay
    P2PRoute RouteStunPri
    StunPriAddr 94.236.86.17:5721
    StunPriNat OpenConnection
    StunSecAddr (Removed):5721
    UdtRoute { Public IP = (Removed) ; Private IP = 192.168.1.2; Local Port = 5769; Public Port = 10120; UPnP Router = ; NAT Type = OpenConnection }

Stream 1

Stream 2

Stream 3
    Client Bytes Received: 14058744
    Client Bytes Sent: 5413
    Client Messages Received: 93730
    Client Messages Sent: 143

Stream 4
    Client Bytes Received: 51323152
    Client Bytes Sent: 137779
    Client Messages Received: 49184
    Client Messages Sent: 2048

Stream 5
    Client Bytes Received: 176
    Client Bytes Sent: 144
    Client Messages Received: 2
    Client Messages Sent: 2

Stream 6
    Client Bytes Received: 32657589
    Client Bytes Sent: 806174
    Client Messages Received: 19734
    Client Messages Sent: 22207

Stream 7
    Client Bytes Received: 6838982
    Client Bytes Sent: 92533
    Client Messages Received: 2970
    Client Messages Sent: 2587

Stream 8
    Client Bytes Received: 160
    Client Bytes Sent: 224
    Client Messages Received: 3
    Client Messages Sent: 2

Legacy Posted By Username: ChrisVisser
  • I had the same problem, but I was not able to restart some of my agents. When trying to start them again it would tell me "some service start and stop automatically..." If I looked at the processes, I could see the agentmon.exe still running after the service has stopped and I was unable to kill it. On the instances where I could restart the service I noticed 2 agentmon.exe processes running.

Since the upgrade to 6.0.0.5, the agents still time’s out, but I am now able to restart the service and get the agent online, without restarting the server. I still get about 5-10 servers going offline weekly.

• Just happned again, 5min after I left the office...

Legacy Posted By Username: ChrisVisser
  • Anyone have this happen that does NOT have antivirus loaded on the agent in question?