Kaseya Community

Windows 2008 R2 and install issues

• Hi,

Anyone else having a nightmare getting kaseya to run on 2008 R2? No matter what we do the agent installation exe doesn't appear to even run. Doesn't matter what agent package we use, what account we log on as, whether we run it as admin or not.

This happens on multiple 2008 R2 servers we look after.

Olly

Legacy Forum Name: Windows 2008 R2 and install issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: oliverm
  • oliverm
    Hi,

Anyone else having a nightmare getting kaseya to run on 2008 R2? No matter what we do the agent installation exe doesn't appear to even run. Doesn't matter what agent package we use, what account we log on as, whether we run it as admin or not.

This happens on multiple 2008 R2 servers we look after.

Olly

I have it installed on a few R2 servers with no problem. Sorry.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ebieber@engineered-solutions.com
  • I have Kaseya 6.0. Have 4 2008 R2 x64 servers, all of which have the agent functioning fine on them.

I have noticed that the icon doesn't always show in the system tray in an RDP session. But the agent itself works fine.

Legacy Posted By Username: QLTPLS
  • I have had problems on 2008 R2 x64 servers where the agent install some how went wrong, and attempting to reinstall failed with the installer not appearing to run at all.
    It turned out the Install path to AgentMon.exe was C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya\KaseyaID+14randomnumbers
    I could run AgentMon from there and it would check in but hadn’t been installed as a service.

I deleted the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kaseya and the key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Kaseya
    Then ran kcssetup.exe again and this time it installed properly.

This problem occurred twice.

Legacy Posted By Username: richardw
  • We have it installed to several R2 servers without any issues... mind you we made sure to turn off UAC and Windows firewall!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We too have it installed on 2008 R2 32 and 64bit systems with no problems.

Have you done any customisation to the servers? Are all the servers the same (i.e same HP, Dell models etc)?

Does it happen to an R2 server if you install one in the lab?

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS