Kaseya Community

Agent checks in but doesn't do anything....

• Hi All,
    I've got an unusual problem at the moment.
    It started off as a problem with Acronis hanging at 95% and never completing a backup. Acronis couldn't resolve the issue.
    I tried to uninstall and re-install Acronis again, and noticed I couldn't.
    I manually removed it, and then tried to re-install - but nothing happened!
    Uninstalled the agent, and re-installed it, nothing happens.
    The agent checks in, you can live connect, remote control through the agent, but that's where the agent functionality stops.
    The agent wont perform and audit, a patch scan, wont install AVG, wont run scripts of any sort.
    The only other thing it has done, was a credential test which it passed.
    Kaseya support don't seem to know what is happening.
    It's the only agent on this particular lan which has an issue. There are 20 others all working perfectly.
    Has anyone seen anything similar, and was their a solution to the problem?

Legacy Forum Name: Agent checks in but doesn't do anything....,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jdavis
  • Not your Kaseya working directory, but the system temp directory... I'm not saying this is the case every time but I've seen behavior like that before, and in some cases it's been caused by a system temp directory with hundreds of thousands of files piled up in it, and because of Windows' filesystem inefficiency, it takes forever to parse through the directory listing and run files that are in that directory.

If it helps, great, if not, keep searching Smile

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels
  • Matthew Bartels
    Not your Kaseya working directory, but the system temp directory... I'm not saying this is the case every time but I've seen behavior like that before, and in some cases it's been caused by a system temp directory with hundreds of thousands of files piled up in it, and because of Windows' filesystem inefficiency, it takes forever to parse through the directory listing and run files that are in that directory.

If it helps, great, if not, keep searching Smile

I've seen this too, so I've implemented a script to clean that sucker out everytime a user logs off.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty