Kaseya Community

K2 Server Migration Problems

• Migrating our K2 server from a 32 Bit Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005, 2 processors and 3GB of RAM to Windows 2008 R2 With 4 Processors and 12GB of RAM we noticed a massive performance drop.

Basically the CPU was averaging 100% utilization and Live Connect and RDP were not working at all, after opening a ticket for help, Kaseya took a week to respond to the ticket and I was forced to roll back as our Service Desk cannot work without it.

Troubleshooting this on my own I noticed that the KaseyaMessageSys.exe service was using over 200 threads, I set the affinity of that process to use only two of the 4 processors and the total CPU usage dropped to about 25-30%

Has anyone else experienced problems with this and could provide some tips with their Upgrades?

Legacy Forum Name: K2 Server Migration Problems,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrewra
  • andrewra
    Migrating our K2 server from a 32 Bit Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005, 2 processors and 3GB of RAM to Windows 2008 R2 With 4 Processors and 12GB of RAM we noticed a massive performance drop.

Basically the CPU was averaging 100% utilization and Live Connect and RDP were not working at all, after opening a ticket for help, Kaseya took a week to respond to the ticket and I was forced to roll back as our Service Desk cannot work without it.

Troubleshooting this on my own I noticed that the KaseyaMessageSys.exe service was using over 200 threads, I set the affinity of that process to use only two of the 4 processors and the total CPU usage dropped to about 25-30%

Has anyone else experienced problems with this and could provide some tips with their Upgrades?

There are a few threads in here about our update woes, and lots of good advice in them. As for your particulars of being pinned for a week, the only time I saw this during my migratoin was when all the agents were updating all at once... it went away in a few hours. But take a search around the forums and read what others had to say...

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty