Kaseya Community

View by add/remove programs list, NOT "installed applications" aka .exe

• I'm working on application management for our MSP contracts, which is always a nightmare unless you go with virtualized desktops. Not the easiest thing to sell, yet. Trying to use Kaseya to get a decent baseline and deploy apps, and I have even "gold disked" my internal company so new agent installs baseline all the software via custom install procedures.

I have found little use for creating view's based on the application list, aka that large .exe list for a PC. Fact of the matter is, just because an exe exists on a machine, it hardly means the application is installed. This is especially true for PC's with all that damned bloatware on them (HP needs to stop that crap, they are the worst).

Anyways, long story short, I was hoping K2 would give an easy way to create a view that contains all computers with "Microsoft office 2007" or "Microsoft .NET 3.5 SP1" etc etc. Has anyone found a way to do this? The closest I could come up with is running a script to check for the app in the registry which can vary greatly, and execute a second script if exists. Then base a view on that second script running. This is hard to manage though.

If there's not an easier way, can we get a feature request put in for this with everyones thumbs up on it? I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but please put your two cents here.

BTW, I have verified 100% there is a new view in K2 specifically called "dbo.vAddRemoveList" that contains this data. So this shouldn't be hard to add as a view option, it's just another SQL search string.....

Legacy Forum Name: View by add/remove programs list, NOT "installed applications" aka .exe,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Sadly no, I've been looking for a way to do this too, and sadly the best I was able to come up with was to run a script to grab the registry settings.

I would like to see an option to search via the filter view... it would be much handier than the exe search... keeping them both would be lovely!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • So right now there is this:

Audit > View Group Data > Add/Remove

Which is that view string, I think. I don't know of an easy way to filter a machine list by a specific entry in Add/Remove programs.

Sorry. I think this falls into some of the inventory work that Mark Sutherland mentioned in the roadmap session at the User Conference.

Legacy Posted By Username: brendan.cosgrove
  • brendan.cosgrove
    So right now there is this:

Audit > View Group Data > Add/Remove

Which is that view string, I think. I don't know of an easy way to filter a machine list by a specific entry in Add/Remove programs.

Sorry. I think this falls into some of the inventory work that Mark Sutherland mentioned in the roadmap session at the User Conference.

I hope this will come soon, as it will make keeping track of licneses infinitely easier. Although, IIRC there is a way to do a report on this, its been a while so I don't recall so much... I should go and check.

• I'd prefer views based on the services installed on the machine to this...

Andrew

Legacy Posted By Username: andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au
  • [QUOTE=andrew.doull@computer-care.com.au;59717]I'd prefer views based on the services installed on the machine to this...

Andrew[/QUOTE]

Me too, but if building a report for a client, the report is handy too. But TBH we don't normally run that sort of report so a view would be much better.