Kaseya Community

machineid.groupid not recognized

  • I'm getting this error on a Win 7 64bit client.
    I've uninstalled/reinstalled the agent. I've tried another install package besides the default.
    I turned off the windows firewall.
    I verified it was connected to a "Home" network.
    I searched the forums and found a bunch of links to the old forum.... Not helpful to be redirected to the kaseya homepage.

    Any ideas?

    Legacy Forum Name: machineid.groupid not recognized,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Check the kaseyad.ini file on the agent to make sure it has the correct machineid and machine group configured.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Strange.
    Under groupid it shows .root.unnamed
    I have a bunch of .root.groupname after the K2 upgrade.

    Also the Kserver checkin address had a misspelling. How is that possible? as I just used the same installer on 4 other PCs with no problem?

    Regardless after changed the groupid and the kserver main address in the ini it still doent checkin.
    Just sits saying waiting for first checkin.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • WHen I make changes to the KaseyaD.ini I restart the service just to be sure...

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • rebooted. still waiting for first checkin.

    is there a way to rebuild the default installer?

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Not sure about K2, but in 2k8 you should be able to massage the settings a bit. (click on the notepad icon)

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I couldnt find the palce to do the massaging??
    But now I just tried installing it on another 64bit Win 7 box and get the same machinename.groupname cant be recognized.
    What's strange is I have it installed on my personal Win 7 64bit and its working fine.
    Of course I installed my agent a few days ago so maybe a patch broke something?
    To make it weirder I just fired up an XP VMWare and installed the same agent with no problem.
    I think I will reboot my kserver and see if gremlins are in there.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Download hotfixes and then re-apply schema.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • JointTech
    I couldnt find the palce to do the massaging??


    It's just the basic stuff in there, I recall reading somewhere in here were the kaseyad.ini file resides for the default package but dont rememeber where it is off hand.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • reloaded the hotfixes and reapplied the scema. same thing. the win 7 PCs give the error.
    I tried changing names on the pc as well. Changed the checkin setting in kaseyad.ini. nothing works.
    I even tried creating an agent and emailing it to myself. Installed it and get the same error.
    Well here comes a week of waiting for support to reply to a ticket. Software this expensive shouldnt be this buggy.

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • Ok. Forgive me everybody. I was out of licenses... I'm the idiot not the "buggy" software....

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JointTech
  • I ran into this problem. Initially I checked and I had not used up my total license allocation on the kserver, but I HAD inadvertantly set a maximum client limit on the ORG. So, when the agent tried to check in, it would create a template object with it's name, but would not go any further. Error was
    the same as described in this article. Raising the limit fixed it immediately.

    Hope this helps someone.

    RS

    Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rickstromberg