Kaseya Community

Linux Agent Timescales?

• I didn't manage to get to the User Conference this year, although I did watch some of it on the Video Link.

Were there any announcements about timescales for the availability of the Linux Agent?

Legacy Forum Name: Linux Agent Timescales?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • i sure would like to know that too!

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Same here as I am tired of having to use SNMP for simple monitoring and unable to properly manage these types of machines

Legacy Posted By Username: pferrucio
  • The word at the conference was that it was available in Beta form and that you just needed to get in contact with the development group to get in the beta. They said that they had support for Redhat and Ubuntu. When I asked about using those RPMs/DEBs for other distros they said that they had to compile specific for each distribution... though I find that hard to believe.

There was no comittment to a shipping date; though, "by the end of the year..." was he mantra for most of the cool features showcased.

I'll let you know if/when I get access to the beta, as I handed my card to the engineers. So far, no word on how I get access to the client has come.

Legacy Posted By Username: charon79m
  • Thanks for the information - Redhat/Centos would do for the immediate requirement I have.

Cheers

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • i'll wait a little longer....

There is a current Beta Linux Agent available in a testing phase that is available to Kaseya customers.

This is an alpha/early beta version of the Linux Agent and it requires a separate non-hotfixable Windows VSA to be installed. As such, this VSA version & the associated Linux Agent is not recommended for routine production usage.

If you are interested in joining this program, email your account manager and they will contact the appropriate individuals regarding this outside of this ticketing system. Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer