Kaseya Community

LiveConnect Broken?

• We just took hotfix 8112 and now LiveConnect=broken. We are seeing "checkDesktop Thumbnail error, Failed to AddListener" and "checkTaskManager error, Failed to AddListener"

Anyone else having this much fun?

Legacy Forum Name: LiveConnect Broken?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Sqwidd
  • Sqwidd
    We just took hotfix 8112 and now LiveConnect=broken. We are seeing "checkDesktop Thumbnail error, Failed to AddListener" and "checkTaskManager error, Failed to AddListener"

Anyone else having this much fun?

I see a whole bunch of hotfixes were installed today on my server, including 8112, but LiveConnect seems to be working fine. Of course our Aggregate Table reports broke sometime over the weekend, and we haven't heard a peep out of the support team on the ticket we opened yesterday morning for it. I love explaining to my account reps that they don't have asset reports to take to their client meetings because we can't run them in our $200k software package.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • kcears
    I see a whole bunch of hotfixes were installed today on my server, including 8112, but LiveConnect seems to be working fine. Of course our Aggregate Table reports broke sometime over the weekend, and we haven't heard a peep out of the support team on the ticket we opened yesterday morning for it. I love explaining to my account reps that they don't have asset reports to take to their client meetings because we can't run them in our $200k software package.

Having this exact same issue.

Legacy Posted By Username: kswanda
  • Have you tried to reapply the schema to see if this fixed the Agg table?

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I did reapply schema quite a few times and still have the same issues.

Legacy Posted By Username: kswanda
  • kswanda
    I did reapply schema quite a few times and still have the same issues.

Last night I did try to reload hotfixes, reapply schema, and defrag the database, and nothing helped.

They released 2 hotfixes today for the aggregate table issue. They are 8123-8124. I can confirm it fixed our issue, I just applied them and ran a report that worked. So kudos to Kaseya for fixing this relatively quickly, but on the other hand it was working fine before, and doesn't seem like something that should have broken in the first place.

Legacy Posted By Username: kcears
  • This is happening to us again today.. reapplied schema, hotfixes, etc. Anyone have ideas?

Legacy Posted By Username: ValerieB
  • You may want to run the webupdate.exe (not sure that is the exact name) again. You may have a file missing or something like that from a virus scan? It happens a lot if your not careful about what you exclude in you AV. Out FTP was broken for a week until I saw it was being blocked....

Legacy Posted By Username: kcarson