Kaseya Community

Live Connect Desktop Access w/ Firefox

• Out of all the browsers and combinations, it seems Firefox is the best. I can only find one thing that does NOT work in Firefox, and that is the Desktop Access function in live connect. I just get a black screen. I can successfully send a ctrl-alt-del but I do not get any screen captures or mouse input.

Anyone else seen this behavior? IE runs it horribly and I can't get live connect to work at all. Google chrome works well but liveconnect isn't support, same with chromium. FF seems to be the best option.

Legacy Forum Name: Live Connect Desktop Access w/ Firefox,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • What are you trying to connect to? I've only seen this a couple of times in FF while trying to connect to a 2k8R2 machine.

For me LC works well in IE8(32bit), 64Bit is a bit buggy (but they're working on that). It works well in FF also, what version of FF are you running and do you have any plugins(addons) running that might be fudging with LC? Noscript causes a lot of pain for one of my techs.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • I fixed this. I had Java 6u11 installed. I upgraded to 6u20 and now the remote desktop works in LC. Now to test everything else =)

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • boostmr2
    I fixed this. I had Java 6u11 installed. I upgraded to 6u20 and now the remote desktop works in LC. Now to test everything else =)

Wow and I though my java6/15 was old -=P

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty